Frame Flex

Kilroy

We have a 2005 Hawk carried on a 2004 Tundra double cab with Roadmaster heavy duty springs. On some concrete roads we get a bouncing motion that can pretty uncomfortable (especially the back seat), and I don't think it's too good for the truck.

Is this unusual, normal? Can it be cured, reduced?

Really enjoy the forum.

Thanks

Roads

The interstate 80 out here has a few miles like that also. And a stretch of 70 in New Mexico almost bounced me into the roof once. I know what you mean. And I am glad I don't work for Cal Trans. Have a nice day.

Marty

bouncy road

What you are experiencing is normal on some roads. As Marty said we have a couple of stretches of road out here that do the same thing when you are in a truck.

The only thing that I have found to help is to change speed or carry more weight in the right spot in the truck.

If the road condition is the same as the ones that we have out here, it should actually be worse if you take the camper off and drive down the same road without it.

Hope some of this helps.

Mine handles much nicer with the camper on. Most pickups need some wait in the rear to make them ride properly.

Back
Top Bottom