Friday drive to Carson Pass and Mt Rose 3-8-2019

pvstoy

Me and the Missus took a drive yesterday to see what the snow looked like at a few of the passes in the area. It was my day with the orbit thing so I said let’s do it. We headed to Carson Pass. At the pass the bathroom was dug out and the snow made it look like it was part of a wall. The information building looked buried. Over the pass the second snow park parking lot, that bathroom was buried also. On the way to Kirkwood a few pictures of Kirkwood Station.

IMG_2493.JPG

IMG_2489.JPG

IMG_2476.JPG

Echo Summit was not as impressive of height as Carson Pass. Spooner Summit does have lots of snow and the trail head at the pass will take a while to melt out.

Over to Mount Rose at lake level some snow but it really adds up the higher you go from the lake. Image from Country Club Drive and Mt Rose Hwy. A friend’s house above the highway. There is a 7-foot garage door on the left side of the house, below and left of the deck. Third image was taken at the west end of Mount Rose meadows.

IMG_2497.JPG
IMG_2504.JPG
IMG_2506.JPG

Thanks for the trip, Patrick! Looks like a lot of spring skiing this year. :)

Twenty five years of back country ski patrol at Carson Pass..................so many stories.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
That's a lot of snow.
Haven't seen that much in a LOT of years.
Thanks.
Frank
Although we've had so many back to back years of extreme drought, the winter of 2016/2017 put down close to 200% of normal snowpack in the Sierra Nevada. Here are three photos at Carson Pass taken 26 January 2017.

gallery_1902_252_223586.jpg

gallery_1902_252_40011.jpg

gallery_1902_252_343732.jpg

The information cabin at Carson Pass is one story with a high loft attic for storage. The third photo gives an idea of snow depth.

Ski thanks for the added pictures.

I went to google drive by and snagged a view of the place without snow.

carson pass-012.jpg

IMO, Mammoth is a “Spring” mountain. And what a Spring it’s going to be! Just when the So Cal crews are heading back to the beach we’ll be skiing the corn snow from east to west. Fishing in the afternoon...bartenders race July 4. Gotta love it.

Back
Top Bottom