Front Receiver Hitch

I just tried to get to their site and it goes to something asking for an id and password. Sure hope they're still in business. I just got a few bucks together and was going to order one in the next couple of weeks.

Does anyone know if Bodiak is still in business. I'm unable to open their web site.

I bought one for my 2007 Chevy about 3 weeks ago. Great unit, took about 15 minutes to install and is well out of the way. Maybe they are working on the website. You might try calling 623-934-3936 Armor Metals Inc.

Does anyone know if Bodiak is still in business. I'm unable to open their web site.

Attachments

• hitch.jpg
    hitch.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 375
  • P1000110.JPG
    P1000110.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 330
  • P1000111.JPG
    P1000111.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 288
I bought one for my 2007 Chevy about 3 weeks ago. Great unit, took about 15 minutes to install and is well out of the way. Maybe they are working on the website. You might try calling 623-934-3936 Armor Metals Inc.

The owner of Bodiak who also owns Armor Metals lost some of his suppliers and shut down the Bodiak site. He has some hitches in stock but no Dodge units. He told me to call back in a couple of weeks.

I'm not familar with Bodiak.

But if you are not looking for anything super special, just a basic front hitch, we have had good luck on ordering them through ... www.etrailer.com.

They usually offer free shipping, no sales tax in most states, they usually have a few different manf. choices available, and prices are reasonable.

See sample link here ...

http://www.etrailer.com/fmr-2004_Dodge_Ram+Pickup.htm

I'm not familar with Bodiak.

But if you are not looking for anything super special, just a basic front hitch, we have had good luck on ordering them through ... www.etrailer.com.

They usually offer free shipping, no sales tax in most states, they usually have a few different manf. choices available, and prices are reasonable.

See sample link here ...

http://www.etrailer.com/fmr-2004_Dodge_Ram+Pickup.htm

The Bodiak are pretty neat in that they bolt onto the front tow hooks. Hitch is higher this way and installation seems easy.

I had a front receiver made for my last truck and it didn't cost much. Actually I found a new hitch for a full size Ford on the shelf at Bi-Mart on clearance for $50, and paid a local fabricator $75 to cut it and weld on new mounting tabs. I will likely do this again with my current truck. Most of the "off the shelf" stuff hangs very low up front or looks terrible IMO. Plus I always like to help out "the little guy" with a metal shop.

This was the end result.
hitch1.jpg

hitch6.jpg

1-12e.jpg

Jay just pointed out that the Bodiak web site is working again (and they are back in business) in another thread, so I thought that info should also be posted here in this thread.

I checked it out and the current web site is a little different that the last one I saw (over a year ago).

The 1999 & 2000 Ford Rangers (I have the later) are the only two years that it's not possible to buy an aftermarket front receiver (I've tried, it was expensive shipping back a unit that was listed as OK). Further research found the info about the '99 & '00 Ford Rangers. I think Bodiak had a product on the old web site to fit my truck. I may call them about it. If they can't currently do it, maybe I can get some photos and make a version for myself. We'll see.

But, for those that want Bodiak front receivers, it's looking good... again.

A big thanks to Jay!

Alley-Kat,
It looks like a pretty simple fab. At least for my ram. It's basically one of these trimmed on each side to fit the opening.

hitch.jpg

It's notched on the under side to fit over the tow hooks. the top side is drilled to receive bolts where there are 2 or 3 nuts welded. There are a couple of plates that fit under the tow hooks and then you bolt through the plates and tow hooks into the welded on nuts.

My guess is you wouldn't even need to weld on the nuts just through bolt it all with nuts lock washers and Locktite.

Anyone wanting to see it can look me up at OX. I'm the one that looks like this.

Black Watch.jpg

Thanks for the photo of yours Jay.
Yeah, I think I can fabricate it up pretty easily, although the one I remember is the curved unit. I do have a JD2 tubing bender, so anything is possible.

I was checking their web site for probably 4-5 months or so after your original message above, then I gave up.
Sent them an email a few minutes ago, if they have it, I'll support their business and stimulate the economy by buying from them, though... and save me some time.

Allen,
I was slow to pull the trigger and then they stopped building the hitch. I called the guy every month for a year. He said he was looking for a fabricator which would explain the new web site. Finally one in Durango came up on eBay and I jumped on it. I love this thing. It's very useful and looks very cool. I'm glad he's back up and running.

Back
Top Bottom