Full queen size on and ATC

carld

I have an ATC Ocelot and I love it. I've had it for a little less than a year and already put more than 15000 miles of traveling. Before I had a Palomino Bronco and it had a full size queen bed. I drive a 2002 Tundra AC. The Palomino had a 60" wide overhead bed extending the full length of the cab, providing a full size queen bed, plus shade in the cab. Why can't ATC extend their overhead bed size from 48" to 60" (+16"). Most of the trucks out there are double cabs or extended cabs and a wider bed would fit these trucks better and greatly enhance the value? Way better than a crowded Bobcat with a slide out bed extension. There seems to be at least 1" or 2" of depth from the bottom of the overhang to the top of the truck roof that could be used for more support strength and/or storage room? I don't know just something I wish.

I asked both ATC and Stan about that too. Two factors that I recall them mentioning are:
1) Trouble finding construction materials wider than 48"
2) Flex/strength

Maybe if you promised to never weigh more than 150 lbs they could make it work :)

Back
Top Bottom