Full time in a FWC?

I dearly love my little hobbit Hawk but I don't think I could give up my almost as loved LazyBoy and 65" TV for two years?

If this is the same couple, and I think it is, The Bride and I met these folks at Texas Springs when they had been out for just a couple of months. As I recall, they were also looking for a place to relocate somewhere in the west. Nice people! We chatted for quite a while.

The wife and I read the article this morning. Both agreed we could not live in our Hawk full time. Wife was also surprised they did not have any type of port a potty in the camper. Would love to camp and talk with this couple sometime.

Bill, I checked my trip notes. That is the couple we met at Texas Springs, Kay and Ray Fox. They are on this site, but have not posted. You might try an inquiry via TCM to get an email address. Send me a pm if you want their user name here.

That was a great article.

Kay must be one heck of a gal.

Not many ladies would sell everything and live full time is a small pop up camper that doesn't even have a bathroom. I have nothing but respect for her.

Yeager and his girl Beth are traveling and living in a grandby I sold them last summer. They are members hear their name is rystjohn. They started a new blog called the traveling trio. Nice young people. Check them out some time. I'm going to take a look at this one you posted. Mitch

I read the story while working in Mexico and forwarded it to my wife on April 6th. I really wasn't expecting what was to follow. I returned home April 21st and while walking the dogs the following morning I saw that a 920 sq ft house down the street from us sold for $1100 per sq ft. :eek: That day my wife had a co-worker come up to her and showed her the flyer on the sale of the same house and said its time to get out. My wife left that night for Haiti to do missionary work with her sister for a week. While she was gone I called a friend from Rotary who is a real estate broker and the house is going on the market June 1. Kids are grown and gone, and were done with the rat race. Going to take a year to travel before settling down in Port Angeles Wa.
Thanks rotti for posting the link.
Cheers!

Captm said:
I read the story while working in Mexico and forwarded it to my wife on April 6th. I really wasn't expecting what was to follow. I returned home April 21st and while walking the dogs the following morning I saw that a 920 sq ft house down the street from us sold for $1100 per sq ft. :eek: That day my wife had a co-worker come up to her and showed her the flyer on the sale of the same house and said its time to get out. My wife left that night for Haiti to do missionary work with her sister for a week. While she was gone I called a friend from Rotary who is a real estate broker and the house is going on the market June 1. Kids are grown and gone, and were done with the rat race. Going to take a year to travel before settling down in Port Angeles Wa.
Thanks rotti for posting the link.
Cheers!
What a great story Captm! Our best wishes!

If it wasn't for the fact we still have an almost 7 year old at home, we could so do this.

TravelAmateurs said:
Captm - That's great! Hope the house sells quick. Where will you be traveling?
We haven't planned that far yet, still packing for storage and prepping the house for showing. Generally work our way up to the NW via 395 then over to Wyoming, Montana.
Cheers

We met Kay and Ray at the Valley of Fire (near Las Vegas) last month. Nice folks with some great stories about their last two years on the road. Hope to see them again sometime. Good luck Captm and Mrs. Captm . . . . keep us posted on your journies.

Missing Link said:
We met Kay and Ray at the Valley of Fire (near Las Vegas) last month. Nice folks with some great stories about their last two years on the road. Hope to see them again sometime. Good luck Captm and Mrs. Captm . . . . keep us posted on your journies.
Yes, they are great folks! We met them at Texas Springs, DVNP, early in 2014. They had only been out a couple of months then. I don't know if I could do that. Many kudos to those who can!

Ray and Kay are friends of mine, they are in Death Valley right now. We spent 4 nights together on the North Rim of Grand Canyon in late October.

Back
Top Bottom