FWC Camper Club

Storm, I am interested as well. I live in the OC area. Are you close by?

Disco I'm in the Northwest side of Los Angeles. There has to be at Club in between we all meet at the certain location at the trailhead. Tough guy not sure we haven't even found a club yet but I think you should be

I am in San Diego and interested too! I camp at least 2x a month, usually solo.

Would be great to meetup with fellow enthusiasts!

My hawk should be here mid feb

If you go to the expedition portal website/forum, they have a lot of groups that go out together. You might find some you like there!

camelracer said:
I'd be more interested in a WTW camper group than a FWC group. There are a lot of good people on this forum that use brand X.
I concur Dick. A lot of us original WTW members have gone to other formats but have a wealth of back country experience and have traveled far and wide. I have been to numerous WTW events over the years in various Rigs Ive owned and its not he rig but the people that have made it enjoyable. Heck, I believe I met you at the very first one we had in DV about ten years ago and shortly after that we did a Colorado trip to the San Juan's and ran Cinnamon Pass, Animas Forks and more. All it generally takes is for some one to get the ball rolling. The picture in my Avitar is from the Colorado trip above Euray that Aaron took of my ATC and was in the Truck Camper calendar.

camelracer said:
I'd be more interested in a WTW camper group than a FWC group. There are a lot of good people on this forum that use brand X.
+100 I have been to 2 WTW Rallys. Meadow Lake and Carrizo Plain both were organized by members. I had a great time at both and met people I would not have met at just a FWC rally. I even visited with Sissi and Gunther who I met at Meadow Lake, at their home in Austria, they have an XPcamper. I have also been to FWC rallies in Northern and Southern CA. Fun but they are structured for the brand. Let us leave the brand rallies to the companies FWC ATC and others.

Now do we need more rallies, yes we do. It does take a little work but there are members on WTW that will help. Post up an idea for a rally and see where it goes.

billharr said:
+100 I have been to 2 WTW Rallys. Meadow Lake and Carrizo Plain both were organized by members. I had a great time at both and met people I would not have met at just a FWC rally. I even visited with Sissi and Gunther who I met at Meadow Lake, at their home in Austria, they have an XPcamper. I have also been to FWC rallies in Northern and Southern CA. Fun but they are structured for the brand. Let us leave the brand rallies to the companies FWC ATC and others.

Now do we need more rallies, yes we do. It does take a little work but there are members on WTW that will help. Post up an idea for a rally and see where it goes.
I’m very interested in rallies

I've been to at least 10 of these rallies so far and have had a great time at each one. The first one in Death Valley set a standard that has been hard to beat. The nicknames above some members avatars are the result of events that occurred during these rallies. There have also been a couple of rallies that involved a pig.

Personally I prefer a rally with free dispersed camping in an interesting area and possibly a short road (or off road) adventure. That being said I would be interested in other venues as long as there is a campfire to swap lies around.

We had a get together in Valley of the Gods a couplea years ago and it was great!
Did some group hikes, had a pot-luck, made new friends. Good stuff!

Organized on this here forum! :)
My favorite forum!

I saw the folks get upset over the creation of a Facebook group.

I'd love to meet more folks here and do more rallies for sure.

Me personally, I am VERY rarely on an actual computer, and do almost everything from my phone.

For ME, facebook is much easier to read and respond to post than here from my phone.

I LOVE this group, and wish I could figure out a better way to use it with my phone

My .02

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom