FWC Financing

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
I found a couple of of companies that specialize in camper financing, Southeast Financial and Diversified Sales & Finance. They both require copies of the title and liens before issuing a check, a practice that I would assume is standard. What have been your experiences as far as financing and what kind of interest rates have you been able to secure? I'm open to any information you might want to share.

One thing to consider if you have a vehicle nearly paid off is to refinance your vehicle. I am in the process of doing that now with my credit union. My interest rate will be 1.69% (vs. 7.5% for an RV loan). This will allow me to instantly "own" my camper while at the same time lowering my truck payment. It's adding another 3 years on my loan but it will be much much cheaper in the long run.

I did the same thing as rayct77 with my credit union. I was offered the used value of our Volvo at 1.95%. IMO this is the best option out there to finance a FWC.

rayct77 said:
One thing to consider if you have a vehicle nearly paid off is to refinance your vehicle. I am in the process of doing that now with my credit union. My interest rate will be 1.69% (vs. 7.5% for an RV loan). This will allow me to instantly "own" my camper while at the same time lowering my truck payment. It's adding another 3 years on my loan but it will be much much cheaper in the long run.
What is the length of the re-finance loan?

longhorn1 said:
What is the length of the re-finance loan?
I did a 60 month loan. So basically they give me the equity of my pickup in cash. I pay for the camper so it's free and clear. My interest rate drops to 1.69% and my loan moves from the 36 months remaining to 60 months. My payment will go down about $70 per month.

rayct77 said:
I did a 60 month loan. So basically they give me the equity of my pickup in cash. I pay for the camper so it's free and clear. My interest rate drops to 1.69% and my loan moves from the 36 months remaining to 60 months. My payment will go down about $70 per month.
Thanks

I used Essex credit on Stan's recommendation. It was pretty effortless and the rv loan they gave me had a 12 year term which made the payments quite small. I kept putting off my 4 wheel camper dream and the loan made it so I did not have to anymore.

Back
Top Bottom