FWC front, rear, and side lighting.

b team

Hey guys,

I purchased a 2000 eagle camper for my compact truck. It's been great and don't know how I camped without it for so long.

I've added a radio, battery, fantastic fan. I'd like to add rear lights like the ones that are a factory option. I wanted to know if there any wires in the walls and it it easy to get the interior panels off to access them? How about putting one on the side?

Another idea I have is to install offroad lights on the front of the camper (above the truck roof) Has anybody done this? I'm planning on fabricating a light bar to hold 4 offroad lights. Something like this:

0soltek_light_bar.jpg

Mounted by where the four wheel sticker is:

fourwheelcampers_eagle_elipse.jpg

I wanted to know what material is in the front wall and bottom (under the bed) and if it will support about 40# of lightbar and lights.

thanks again.

lights

marty here,
First check your fuse panel and see if there is a purple wire on it then check the wire harness above the fuse panel and check for the same purple wire. i don't think you will find it. but if you do you are wired for rear spots and even for a switch for them. you wont want to go from inside to access them. out side is much more user friendly. if you find that wire we will try to find the location of the holes. anyone with factory spots could measure from the outside for you to tell you where to drill. you will find a small hole with a piece of duct tape sticking out after you drill the skin with a 3/8 bit simply pull the tape and the wire is attached to it. the switch wire will be in the rear wall just above your porch lite dead man switch. drill a hole pull out purple wire cut loop put in switch. passanger side is wired for a light in the rear i belive. it is already hot. works on same dead man switch. you will have to agin find somebody with an aegle to measure for the awning light wire loaction. and yes you can mount that light bar. you should use bolts not screws. access the inside by removing your upper mattress and remove the 3 inch carpet strip. you should not use the yellow wire that you are about to find to power your new lights. this wire powers everthing in the lid. have a nice day. marty

light locations

Hi,

Your rear flood light wires will be 6" down from the top and 8" in from the side of the camper. These measurements are from the edge of the frame to the hole. Make an allowance for the trim that is on the camper, probably a 1/4".

The side light on that model should actually be in the front on the passenger side, again this one should be 6" down and 10" in measuring from the frame.

Another way to see is to take the trim off and you should be able to peek under the skin and see where the holes are. You will need a large rivet gun to put the trim back on. This will make sense when you pull out the black molding. It is riveted on the ends. If you don't have a rivet gun large enough, call or go to a local auto glass shop in your area. They will have the right size gun and rivets to put it back together. Should be a 1/4" rivet that they use for door glasses.

The side light may vary on the 10" mark. We know it is 6" down but no one can remember exactly how far in we put it on those models.

You can always call us at 800-446-1003 and I can explain all this better to you over the phone.

Sincerely,

Ben
www.allterraincampers.com

light locations

Should have added for you that the camper you bought was one of my old ones. It is prewired for the lights that you want to put on. The front lights that you want to add should work as Marty described to you. Again if you need more information, just give us a call.

Sincerely,

Ben

Thanks for the info... You guys rock. It will take me some time but I'll post pictures of my mods.

lights

Your welcome. Again, if you need any additonal information, feel free to give us a call at 800-446-1003 any time.

Sincerely,

Ben

Really hard to see in this picture, but here's one I mounted on my camper. I won the lightbar in a raffle (designed for a hummer) and was an easy install. Theres a pretty hefty piece of plastic behind the siding so I dont see weight being a problem. Hope yours work (mounting high can have glare issues) this one was so pathetic when it stopped working I never bothered to fix it. Now the ones on the front of the truck, man those work!

I'll get a better picture as soon as I get some batteries for my camera ;)

Attachments

• lights2.jpg
    lights2.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 397
I promised a better pic. Better late than never?

Attachments

• camperlight (WinCE).jpg
    camperlight (WinCE).jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 387
lights....

What I did was attach a light on either underside of the camper bed overhang and one on the rear as a backup light.
On the sides I used regular camper porch lights. On the back a tractor rubber housed flood light. I already had a camper porch lite on the rear as well. I have both sidelights and the rear porch lite all individually switched from the inside of the camper near the door. The tractor flood is switched in the dashboard of my truck for backup use.
I also installed a horn button next to the light switches in the rear as an added precaucion if I were to run into trouble and need to scare someone away or call for help. Realize that we use our camper south of the border in Mexico and Central America.....actually I have never used the horn button except bumping it by accident in the wee early hours of the morning in a campground in Belize...waking up our neighbors with it and feeling like a compleat idiot! Now I don't keep the toilet paper near it!
We have used all three of the porch lights at various times for illumination while cooking dinner on our roll-a-table outside. I can also lite up the entire campsite if I need to because of a lurker..(I have done that and it worked well except that what was lurking was a coatamundi)!
Have fun.
Brian

Back
Top Bottom