FWC Keystone SOLD

hooptytank

Advanced Member
I was going to rebuild this, but ended up doing too much work to my Grandby to ever recuperate cost, so I'll be keeping that.

More pictures in CL ad

$2800 OBO $ 1,400, price cut in 1/2!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/rvs/5708139166.html

Text from ad:

1985 Keystone pop up camper, made by Four Wheel Campers. This company is still in business, making some of the best, lightweight aluminum frame off road campers around. They hold up to bouncing down baja trails, and low center of gravity for an easy drive. The Keystone was the largest they made. Excellent floor plan makes camper seem larger than it is. Strap this to a 4X4 and go explore the beaches of Baja, the mountains and deserts

This camper had the canvas replaced by the factory around 2010, with updated material. It is in excellent shape.

Has 2 6 volt golf cart batteries wired in series for 12v use

3 burner stove and propane tank

Forced air heater furnace for those colder nights

Roof vent

Roof rack

Custom cabinets and closet.

Newer foam and upholstery when canvas was done.

Hardwood flooring

Water tank and sink

Under seat storage

110 v outlets for shore power connection

Sleeps 3 as is or 4 with top bunk extension

There is a short overhang past the rear bumper, but you can still tow a trailer if needed

This camper is useable as is, but needs some finishing touches. It is also a great foundation for a project that you can customize to your specific needs.

There are some tears in the headliner, and a few other cosmetic issues, but no mold or rot.

This camper is made for an 8 ft long bed truck, with minimum of 64" between top of bed rails. Ford F150 f250 f350 up to 1997, older Chevy's c10 c20 k10 k20, I think to 1988 and older Dodges. They can be modified to fit newer truck with little work. You can search "four wheel camper narrow floor pack". There is also a great website wanderthewest dot c0m where you can find lots of pop up camper info.

Will help load, but corner jacks and brackets are not included in sale

$2800 obo. Call with any questions, etc. if ad is up, its for sale, and do not call me with any offers to help sell. Pictures of the all white F250 is with a grandby (not for sale), slightly smaller than keystone, to give you an idea of the adventures you can take these campers on.

Keywords: grandby eagle finch palomino skamper hallmark sun lite baja surf snowboard sportsmobile quigley 4x4 westfalia expedition excursion nomad pismo off grid alaskan all terrain

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Hey there hooptytank,
I have some of questions for you. I would have called the number in the CL ad but I'm "working" at the moment and you said you'd ignore emails.

Weight:
I've got a 1996 F150 standard cab long bed with the 4.9L straight 6. Should fit like a glove but what's the wet weight of the Keystone? Does it say on the badge somwhere? My payload capacity is somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,800lbs. and would like to leave a some room for my gear and not have to worry about breaking my vehicle.

Tie-Downs:
How did you secure it onto your truck? Did you bolt it down to the bed? Torklifts? Happijacks? Ratchet straps (gulp!)?

Right side:
Do you have any shots of the exterior right side of the camper?

Availability:
I live in Covina but work M-F 8-5 in Anaheim. Getting out to your neck of the woods is going to be a battle with LA traffic unless it's on the weekend. What's best for you?

That's about it for now.

Hi, the weight badge is illegible, but dry weight of most FWC is under 1000 lbs. This one is probably around 850-900.

I brought it home with BIG ratchet straps, but was planning on bolting it to the bed, like my grandby. It has eyebolts installed in the side rails for turnbuckle other whatever.

I don't have any right side pictures, but there is no damage on that side, just the big window.

Weekends should work, call me to set something up.

Thanks for your interest.

Hey again hooptytank!
I gave you a buzz yesterday and left a message with my number. My name's Tony from the 626 area code. Give me a call/text when you get a second. I'd like to check it out on Saturday if you have the time - preferably early, before it gets too hot since it's supposed to be a scorcher this weekend.

I'll cut to the chase - $1,400 is a steal even without the jacks and brackets so I'd happily give you what you're asking. And from what I can tell from the pictures, I want it bad. Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom