FWC Lock Replacement

ebarcikowski

Hi all,

I want to replace my (FWC Finch, 2012) lock with keyless entry. There are many options, but my door cut out seems to be 2 3/4" by 4 1/2" which doesn't seem to be compatible with any of the RV locks that I can find. See photos.

I would be happy to replace the deadbolt, alternatively, but that has it's own problems with space. Because of the screen on the inside, there is really limited space for the deadbolt and none of the key-less entry deadbolts that I've seen seem like they would work.

Does anyone know where I can source a compatible rv style lock or deadbolt that will fit on this door?

I've looked in other threads, where at least one person used a lock from rvlock, but that won't seem to work here. In fact, I don't think I've seen any after market rv locks that will fit this shape cut out.

Thanks,

Elliott

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 114
I replaced The deadbolt with a Quickset double keyed deadbolt. It’s a smart key so I rekeyed it to match the key to my house. One less key to carry. When I go to sleep in the camper I leave a key in the lock so I can exit quickly.

Sorry for the lack of a response on my part. Thanks for the ideas. I'll look into these!

Elliott

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom