Fwc off truck ?

dennis 221

so when you take your fwc off your truck ,what do you use to cover those four turnbuckle holes while its sitting off truck.?? Thanks

Doesn't your camper have doors at the turnbuckles? We have a 2014 front dinette. The front ones are on the bottom of the overhang. For the rear ones I made panels with an interior piece that fits into the opening. The perimeter has foam and there is an eye bolt to the inside. They are painted the color of the camper tub. A bungee between the 2 cover eye bolts holds them tight to the camper.

My 2005 has slider doors. Definitely put something there to keep pest out.

well when I bought it the installer pulled off really thin pieces of what looked like wood!! so I figured I should put something together to cover that same area on outside of camper

dennis 221 said:
well when I bought it the installer pulled off really thin pieces of what looked like wood!! so I figured I should put something together to cover that same area on outside of camper
Assuming you have hinged or sliding doors on the inside, I don’t believe an outside covering is required. It won’t hurt, but not required. Some members have made screen covers to go over the outside so the inside door can be left partly open for ventilation.

While your camper is off the truck to check to see if it needs a fresh coat of paint on wood surfaces.

Back
Top Bottom