Garage Door Opening

Rob in MT

What size garage door do I need for Nissan Frontier with a fleet or eagle? thanks.

The average door opening in a residence in the US is about 80 inches high. Residential garage door clearance is usually about the same, 80 inches with the door open.

The height of my present FWC on our newer truck is 83 inches. The same camper on our older truck, which we sold this Spring, was 81 inches.

With the camper mounted, neither rig would go in our garage. _John D

What size garage door do I need for Nissan Frontier with a fleet or eagle? thanks.

Manufacture spec sheet says 54" floor to vent height. Measure how high your truck bed is and add that on to get your exact answer.
http://www.fourwh.com/Eagle_Model.pdf

I have an ATC Bobcat on a Frontier. The camper is 52 1/2 inches from the base of the floor pack to the top of the standard roof vent. My garage door opening is 83 1/2 inches high. If I dump the air from the airbags the roof vent clears the opening by 3/8 inch.

I have a 2008 Nissan Frontier with a 2008 Eagle. Height to top of air vent is 83.5 inches. BUT, I also have air bags. I measured this with some inflation in the bags which means that the truck bed was a little higher off the ground when I measured it. I like Pod's idea...add the camper height to the height of the bed of your truck.

Chris

The above with give you worst case scenario... more than likely the camper is going to compress the suspension at least an inch.

Back
Top Bottom