Gas lift assist strut part number for 2018 Fleet

CementTruckUT

I'm looking for the part number for 40 lb struts for my 2018 Fleet. I looked on the existing struts and I don't see a part number.

Per FWC the struts that are on there now are 30 lb. They stated that the ones I have are 40.6" full length and 18.1" stroke. The FWC part number for a 40” -40# gas strut is HGS-0005 but they are pretty pricey.

I've searched this forum as well as the Facebook forum, but I'm still not sure what I need to buy.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I think the part number that I have is only the FWC part number. I don't think it is an actual strut manufacturer part number, as far as I can tell. There are no markings on the existing struts that I can see without removing them.

These may be a custom spec that isn't widely used, a.k.a. pricey. What was the price quoted per strut at FWC?

If you want to pursue a chase down a rabbit hole, contact Suspa https://www.suspa.com/us/contact and give them the specs that you received from FWC.

The closest Suspa part # that nearly matches the FWC specs is a C16-31896A - which unfortunately provide 30 lbs of lift per strut.

I talked to Marty at ATC, who recommended checking liftssupportdepot.com. A search using 40# returned this…

2F73E4B3-5624-4882-BA21-BAAAD119ABD6.png

Kudos to Marty/ATC

edit: looking at the price from the depot, $50 seems ballpark.

Awesome, thanks!

I called and talked to Suspa who makes the lifts that FWC uses. Per Suspa these are the part numbers for the 40.6" parts. They are all $35 each.

30# C16-31896A
40# C16-32561
50# C16-35133
60# C16-35513

If it is of any help - after I did my solar install, the swap from 30 lbs gas struts was a good enough improvement with regards to lift assist on my ATC Bobcat. I upgraded the front struts to a pair of 40 lb struts.

Don’t know about the Fleet, but the FWC owners manual for my 2021 Grandby has a warning not to install struts with a rating higher than 40 lbs. I suspect it’s related to the strength of the attachments of the end fittings to the roof.

I ended up ordering the 40 lbs. I'm really hoping they're a huge improvement from the presumed broken ones that are on there

CementTruckUT said:
I ended up ordering the 40 lbs. I'm really hoping they're a huge improvement from the presumed broken ones that are on there
let us know what u think of any improvement.
my ocelot atc has 40lb struts up front, and 30 on the back. on our travels, helen gets in and opens the top, and the front has been a bit of a challenge. rear - no problem. we have 2 100 watt solar panels on top, but they are oriented mostly in middle/back

I have a fair bit of stuff on the top.... maxtrax, cell booster antenna, canoe, 330W solar panel... and because of the way I built out our camper, the lift point for the front is 1' further back than normal. NO WAY to lift that without helper thingies. Our Puma has 80# up front, 60# in the rear. So far, after 2 seasons of use, they are still fine.

Thanks, that's good to know! I'm hoping the 40# are enough. I wanted to get something stronger, but the warnings scared me off. I don't think the ones on there now work at all/fight against me, so I'm really hoping they help. All that I have up there currently is a 160W solar panel, one roof vent, and one max air fan. I'd like to add a small box for skis at some point.

CementTruckUT said:
Thanks, that's good to know! I'm hoping the 40# are enough. I wanted to get something stronger, but the warnings scared me off. I don't think the ones on there now work at all/fight against me, so I'm really hoping they help. All that I have up there currently is a 160W solar panel, one roof vent, and one max air fan. I'd like to add a small box for skis at some point.
I find that the Chrome surfaces of my lifters need regular attention… silicone spray on a rag works well. Dust/water clean the silicone off after a while and then it is actually much harder to lift/lower the top. Try lubing your existing lifters!

CementTruckUT said:
With that amount of weight, I would think 30 lbs struts would be adequate, and 40 would be plenty - maybe even a little much on the rear. I have a bit more weight on the roof than you - two 200 watt rigid panels between the vents a Maxxaire fan in the rear position, and I have to pull the rear down with my 40 lbs struts all around.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom