Generator Box on Back of Camper

MountainSufi

Howdy FWC Tribe!

I've bought a new Predator 1400 generator (similar in size & 33 lb weight) to the Honda 1000i generator. The only place I can possibly store it is in a box on the back camper wall. (FWIW I'll be getting a custom sized non-vented storage only box made at kshmarine.com).

I'll be bolting the box to an empty jackstand wing, but would like to also add support to the bottom. I've bolted (2) Ace Hardware 12" zinc 1X12" straps to the underside of the overhang in preparation, but they don't seem totally rock solid. I've got some 3X4" aluminum L stock, but that looks like a PITA installing...

Does anyone have advice to securely attach this box to my rig???

Thankx!!!

I carry a 5 gal steel gas can on the back jack bracket. It is supported underneath by two 20" long 1" x 1" 3/16" U channel that are bolted under the overhang with large washers so they won't pull through the plywood. They are pretty solid and I've had no problems with this after 5 trips to Baja. I carry my Honda 2200 generator on my front reciever. It is attached with a LowPro lock down mounting (NLA) that is welded to 2" hitch bar. I like having the genny up on the front of the truck. I can run it and barely hear it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom