Gold Butte National Monument

12valve

This is a 4 day trip Dan and I did a few weeks ago. GO THERE! GO THERE! GO THERE!!!! The place is simply awesome. We started in Little Finland, did some great hiking there, then started exploring with no particular destination. If it looked interesting on the map, we went there, while on the way to that location we would detour off. Great trip, highly recommended. Dan is a photographer and I had him put some pictures on file in U-Tube. Check them out on U-Tube. Search under <WdsNvpmJPbA >
Sorry, I wish I knew how to write the address and get you directly there.

12valve said:
This is a 4 day trip Dan and I did a few weeks ago. GO THERE! GO THERE! GO THERE!!!! The place is simply awesome. We started in Little Finland, did some great hiking there, then started exploring with no particular destination. If it looked interesting on the map, we went there, while on the way to that location we would detour off. Great trip, highly recommended. Dan is a photographer and I had him put some pictures on file in U-Tube. Check them out on U-Tube. Search under <WdsNvpmJPbA >
Sorry, I wish I knew how to write the address and get you directly there.
Very nice place.
Rely enjoyed the photos.
Thanks.
Frank

Great place. Been there three times! We meet Dan Holmes at Shooting the West photo sypomsium in Winnemucca, Nevada. great guy

12valve said:
Thank you Wandering Sagebrush for posting the link, I appreciate it.
No problem, glad to do it. BTW, all you have to do is bring up the Youtube video on a real computer (i.e. not a tablet/phone), click on the URL in your browser, copy it, then paste directly into the comment where you want it.

Steve

And thanks for sharing the video with us. Dan's photography is quite nice. We also like that area.

I heard about Gold Butte a few years ago and have it put on my to-go list, sort-of. Since I travel by myself, I try to follow my rule of: I don't drive down a road further than I can walk out when it looks like the road isn't traveled once a day by someone. I've been thinking Gold Butte may be too remote for me. How remote is Gold Butte? Did you see other people there?

Thanks

Not that remote as you think. The road/wash to get to the parking is traveled by ATV's etc. more so on the weekends.

searching for nowhere said:
I heard about Gold Butte a few years ago and have it put on my to-go list, sort-of. Since I travel by myself, I try to follow my rule of: I don't drive down a road further than I can walk out when it looks like the road isn't traveled once a day by someone. I've been thinking Gold Butte may be too remote for me. How remote is Gold Butte? Did you see other people there?

Thanks
Our first stop was Little Finland. You will follow the main road for a solid 35 miles+ before you get to the turnoff. From there it is another 45 minutes. It sounds remote, but it is pretty well traveled. So I guess it depends on where you go within any given area. L.F. is well visited, the other areas we went to were not and we did not see another soul. Weekends, of course, will bring lots more people. You might consider extending your day range with a mountain bike and Camelback/daypack.

Back
Top Bottom