Goodyear Adventure AT's

Ramblinman

I pulled the trigger on a set today. I will provide updates as to how they work out. Buying tires can be very frustrating, especially after reading the reviews. On guy loves them, the next guy hates them. This said I bought a brand new model considering that no one really agrees on which tire is best. I am hoping that considering the Adventure AT's are a premium tire it should be competitive with any other in its price range. They come in 10 Ply and Kevlar lining.

After careful deliberation I decided that the following points were most important:

1. Tire needs to be resistant to flats
2. Service (Free rotations, Balance, and lots of stores through out the area I travel for service)
3. Traction in a variety of conditions. (I live in snow 6 months of the year)
4. Tread wear
5. Ice will always be difficult address with out winter studded tires.
6. Although I do not like to put a price limit on tires, (they are the only thing between you and the road), Fountain Tire had a 3 for 1 deal going.

The new Goodyear Adventure AT's replace the Goodyear Silent Armors of which I was very pleased with. It seems that the SA's were discontinued in my size.

Anyway, I will update accordingly.

I've gone through a number of tires on my truck. Haven't been satisfied with the wear on any of them. I was going to go back to BFG AT's this time but they'd have had to order them. They had a set of BFG Rugged Trails in stock and since I was hitting the road I took em. Supposedly a 40k tire. Its basically a street version the ole AT. So far I'm happy with them. Ride nice.

Lets see. Michelins wore oddly. Toyos wore quickly. Bridgestone Revos stuck like glue on ice but wore quickly.

Try RV LIFE Pro Free for 7 Days

• New Ad-Free experience on this RV LIFE Community.
  • Plan the best RV Safe travel with RV LIFE Trip Wizard.
  • Navigate with our RV Safe GPS mobile app.
  • and much more...
Try RV Life Pro Today
Back
Top Bottom