got a used fleet model

robski

Hi, been lurking here for a while and finally got a used fwc. I drove down from norcal to socal last Saturday and went home that night without any rest except for gas. The next day I checked the camper to find out that one of the board that sit on top of the bed siding is rotted and some interior is not in great shape differ from the ad. Instead of getting a jack for it, the funds diverted to renovation and my wife is not happy about it. Anyway I'll take a picture of it and post it later on. I'm looking for an old cranking jack and if anyone who has extra laying around and wants to sell or get rid of it, pls. let me know. Thanks

Nice work finding a used Fleet,what year?I have a 86 and most of the original interior is gone and now remodeled.Mostly the couch side.
I too am looking for those jacks!I plced an add on Craigslist for them,cross my fingers.
Tell the wife you saved money buying used and now we can afford a great vacation.That should buy you some time.lol:D

Cheers and good luck .
p.s lets see the beast when you get a chance...

Our Fleet

Our fleet that we have had for a month has all the original materials and appliances.
I am going to do an addition to the top bed but that is it.
All works fine.
Ours was manufactured in 1982 from what I can tell.
I am waiting for wife to bring our MAC back from an upgrade then can post some pictures.
We are going for a three day trip later this week. Temps here last night 21 below.

robbie

tell the wife you saved money buying used and now we can afford a great vacation.

That's what I told her the day I left to pick it up. Besides, there is no way I can afford for a new one and I hate monthly payments. I took the sink, stove, 3 way fride side and decided not to install back the fridge since I have an engle. Replace the panelling today and cover the vent for the fridge. Tommorow is carpet time and flooring.

It's an 86 fleet

Your certainly not wasting any time. Looking forward to pics.

I took the sink, stove, 3 way fride side and decided not to install back the fridge since I have an engle. Replace the panelling today and cover the vent for the fridge. Tommorow is carpet time and flooring.

It's an 86 fleet

I am looking forward to the pictures too. Will be good to see the Fleet changes.
robbie

Whoa…had a flash back there and also thought it was my old camper I sold early 2001. Then looked closer at the pictures and saw that only the strips were painted red and the rest did not match the one I had.

Thanks for the pictures and the memories. More pictures:D

Attachments

• CCF00522008_00008A.jpg
    CCF00522008_00008A.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 314
  • CCF00522008_00007A.jpg
    CCF00522008_00007A.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 304
I have the old style crank jacks on my '87 Granby, the work well & are simple but down right scary when it's in the air - way to much sway & probably at their load limits unless you empty the camper before unloading it from the truck. I'd go with a good set of 4 corner jacks if you can afford them.
Doug

Looking forward to seeing the pics. Is the Engle going in cab or camper?

Most likely inside the camper if I can figure it out where to put it. I may stop by to rvdoc (rv, camper wreking yard)here in Sacramento on Tuesday to see if they have a used jacks and get some other parts I need.

Back
Top Bottom