Got lucky again

craig333

Riley's Human
I'll be headed up to Antelope Lake Monday morning. I had my brakes done three weeks ago. Last night I felt an odd shudder on the way home. This morning crawling around under the truck I found this.

Not good that they didn't tighten the bolt but far better to have it happen here than when I'm on 80 or 395 or worse, coming down the Janesville grade.

Craig, it's hard to find good help these days, you trust someone to work on your brakes and that happens !! The guy probably smoked his lunch, then worked on you truck !! Not good, glad nothing happened while you were driving in the mountains or on the highway !!

They did fix it promptly and apologized. Re loctited all the bolts. I only had them do my brakes because it was in the shop for the u-joints and motor mounts. I may have to go back to doing my own brakes.

I can't claim to be perfect though. I've finger tightened bolts before and then got distracted and forgot to go back. It happens.

Makes you think about doing it yourself; even if you are a google mechanic. I doubt you'd forget a bolt (or to tighten it).

Back
Top Bottom