Green Creek, Bodie, and one of our favorite sites

telebrewer

Advanced Member
If this works, there will be pictures attached.

We did this trip at the end of summer. We headed up Green Creek and found a hidden spot right on the creek. Nice and quiet. It was so nice we stayed extra days.

When we had to leave, we headed down the road and made a visit to Bodie. I hadn't been there since I was a kid and my wife had never been there. So I thought I'd bring my kids to see it. Everyone loved it.

Working our way back home, we always stay at one of our most favorite camp sites. Tuttle Creek. I don't know why we love it so much, but we do. The creek runs right down the middle and with the peaks and Mt. Whitney to look at, it's hard to beat. Although it is a Forest service campground, it's usually uncrowded. The nearby Alabama hills are nice too, but we love the sound of the creek. It makes for a nice cold dip too.

http://picasaweb.google.com/114630261875012854928/GreenCreekBodieAndOneOfOurFavoriteCampSites#

Telebrewer, nice photos, thanks for sharing! I love that one of your son with the reflection in the mirror and the one of the young ones on the stairs outside the store. Thank you for taking your kids outside and showing them the natural world. It looks like they were having a great time and having fun like kids should.

Yeah, looks like a great trip.

I'm a fan of Green Creek. The dirt road keeps a lot of otherwise would-be traffic and RV's up on Conway instead.

Back
Top Bottom