Green Creek - East Side Sierra Nevada

Praise God for horseradish! You, Mr. 3Pin, have a gift with words!

Great photos! Loved the Raven and eagle!

What was the propane issue? Water/moisture in the regulator?

Yes,Ski,what was the propane issue.
I find that at times,usually at higher altitude the stove sometimes doesn't want to light on the first few sparks from the igniter.
Great short trip.
That horseradish can get to you.
Love it though
Frank

Wandering Sagebrush said:
What was the propane issue? Water/moisture in the regulator?
There can be occasional problems with the check valve. Read the post in red on this RV forum

Check Valve

Talking with All Terrain Campers confirmed this sometimes happens. My next stop down there I'll have Marty walk me through the parts and what happens.

Anytime you get out is a good time-no matter how short :p ! I tell you, the older i get the happier I am to have that wonderful heater :love: ! If I remember right a heater was number one on the list of things to have when i bought 'er years ago.

Smoke

Fun trip. Even better when you can pull out of the driveway and be at a higher elevation within a couple of hours. Thanks for posting. There is a steak house in Indianapolis called St. Elmo's and they have this world famous shrimp cocktail covered with their famous high fuel horseradish / cocktail sauce (more horseradish). Very high octane. jd

ski3pin said:
There can be occasional problems with the check valve. Read the post in red on this RV forum

Check Valve

Talking with All Terrain Campers confirmed this sometimes happens. My next stop down there I'll have Marty walk me through the parts and what happens.
Ski I have a similar problem with my home grill.Sometimes it has a low flame. It's a Weber Q,grill and the instructions from the RV stie work on the grill.
Thanks Frank

A nice short trip is better than no trip at all and Death Valley is right down the road for that dead of winter camping.

As for the propane issue, I've had that same thing happen to me and if I just unscrew the hose to the propane tank enough to hear it hiss, then screw it back on tight, it miraculously fixes the problem.

Thanks for the TR!

Oh yeah, nice winter shots! And it seems that short trips are sometimes the best because you cram so much enjoyment into less time, concentrated fun! I also take my backpacking stove to use for coffee or hot chocolate in a pinch. Thanks Ski, very nice...

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Ski I have a similar problem with my home grill.Sometimes it has a low flame. It's a Weber Q,grill and the instructions from the RV stie work on the grill.
Thanks Frank
Casa, the Weber Q grills have a safety valve built in. You have to wait 5 minutes after you connect the gas before you can light the grill and get full flame. I learned this the hard way! Ski, love the TR as always, Brad

Back
Top Bottom