GVWR and Borders

isonychia

Has anyone taken their FWC across the Canadian border and back through again? Are there issues if you are a little over GVWR with border crossings?

They seemed to be mostly interested in fruits & vegetables and citizenship status. Eat all your fresh fruits & veggies before approaching border from either direction. ;)

Paul

PaulT said:
They seemed to be mostly interested in fruits & vegetables and citizenship status. Eat all your fresh fruits & veggies before approaching border from either direction. ;)

Paul
And eggs- back in the bird flu time ( a couple years ago) they took all our eggs. No questions about the truck.

No issues with weigh but usually pulled over for secondary questions when coming back into the states. Mostly questions about fruit/veggies/meat/alcohol. Never had to open the truck or camper.

Guns, raw eggs, fruit, veggies. No questions about weight. Great place to visit. Have a MasterCard and health certificates for any pets.

Just bring some Tillamook cheese and we will let you in without any issues at all. As a bonus we will send you home with some real Cheezies.

Pet papers, as in rabies vaccine, any other vaccines or licenses I'm spacing at the moment?

Going from Canada-US my parents were busted with a trunk full of Red River Cereal. Mom had a habit.

N'kwala said:
Not to be chauvinist, but who needs Tillamook when we've got Armstrong Extra Old Cheddar?
No comparison. I cross the border on a monthly basis to pick up my brick of Tillamook Extra-Aged White Cheddar. Nothing Armstrong makes can even come close to comparing to it. In fact, as a lover of all things cheese, I'd say the Tillamook Extra-Aged White Cheddar is awfully close to being on par with some of the fancy (and very expensive) aged Cheddars we get here from Quebec.

trikebubble said:
—-I'd say the Tillamook Extra-Aged White Cheddar is awfully close to being on par with some of the fancy (and very expensive) aged Cheddars we get here from Quebec.
I remember buying, from a local cheese shop, an extra sharp white cheddar from Canada that was excellent. They called it Canadian Rat Trap Cheddar.. Alas, that cheese shop went under & I don’t know the name of the cheese maker. Wish I could find that cheese again.

Paul

bunch of Cheese heads !!

once we were in Bellingham stocking up on cheddar cheese pretzels and the cashier asked "are you from the North ?, what's up with you guys always buying cheese stuff"

Moose Dog said:
Pet papers, as in rabies vaccine, any other vaccines or licenses I'm spacing at the moment?

Going from Canada-US my parents were busted with a trunk full of Red River Cereal. Mom had a habit.
I cross the BC border often with my camper. Never had a question about the camper. I've been asked twice for the dogs "passport" but after fumbling in the glove compartment to find it (I do have it) I've been waved thru. My vet said the papers need to be signed by the vet not just on the vet letterhead.

Back
Top Bottom