Happy Independence Day

busboy66

Contributors
fourth-of-july.jpg

Hope you are well and having a good day.
Enjoy! Have a cold one or three for me.

I didn't see anyone else start a topic, so excuse me if this is a dup.

Thanks, busboy66!
smile.gif

I'm celebrating our nation's declaration of independence from our cruel, tea-drinking, kipper-eating masters in Bridgeport, California.
cool.gif

Staying at the home of a friend who's lucky enough to live in this beautiful little town on the east side of the Sierras, 25 miles north of Mono Lake.

This morning I joined my friends and thousands of others to watch the Bridgeport Independence Day parade -- the 149th consecutive edition of this classic small-town event. My friend's neighbors had a float in the parade; it was all great -- small-town festivities.
They say it's the oldest continuously-running Independence Day parade in the country. (apparently "continuous" is the key -- other towns cancelled their parades during the Civil War or WW1 or WW2)
The town swells hugely with tourists on this weekend.

There will be fireworks tonight, of course!
Happy birthday USA!

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission. "

John F. Kennedy

"For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

Nelson Mandela

Happy Independence Day everyone!!

There will be fireworks tonight, of course!
Happy birthday USA!

I was somewhat pleasantly surprised by how few fireworks were blasted near here. Legally they couldn't be totally banned although it is obvious that use could lead to a disaster here. I enjoy fireworks but after the fires we have had and the current drought conditions :eek: . The desert remains a tinderbox, a very extreme below zero freeze hit all the creosote bushes and turned them brittle and the lack of any real rain has left them that way. Glad people exercised some good judgement.

Back
Top Bottom