Happy New Year 2024!

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
We all rounded another bend. A new year has begun. Best wishes to all for a happy new year!

I woke this morning to noise in the kitchen. "What's up?" I asked.
"We had buttermilk in the fridge so I decided to make sourdough buttermilk cinnamon rolls," Julie answered. "Is that okay?"

How would you answer that last question?

Cinn-Rolls-New-Years-2024-copy.webp

Sourdough cinnamon rolls! What an excellent start to the New Year!

I am shuttling back and forth to the garden house roasting the first of four batches of Ethiopia Kayon Mountain Taaroo coffee while my lovely wife does yoga upstairs.

So far, so good, 2024.

I'd say NO just to see her reaction . . . and be prepared to duck as a frying pan was launched in my direction.

1lang.jpg

AWG_Pics said:
Sourdough cinnamon rolls! What an excellent start to the New Year!

I am shuttling back and forth to the garden house roasting the first of four batches of Ethiopia Kayon Mountain Taaroo coffee while my lovely wife does yoga upstairs.

So far, so good, 2024.
Julie just finished her yoga. Now we're outside to clean up pine needles as the weather forecast is finally calling for some snow. :)

Down here in the South, where I'm wintering, it's folklore tradition that eating black-eyed peas on New Years brings good luck. I ain't superstitious, but reckon it can't hurt none.

IMG_20240101_162052.jpg IMG_20240101_163912.jpg
It didn't hurt a bit.

IMG_20240101_165822.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
What a great way to start the new year.Fresh made cinnamon rolls.
If the recipe isn't a secret could you post it?

Happy New Year everyone.
Frank
+ 1 here, those look insane!

We started our new year up here on the Lost Coast. We milled around the beaches on new years eve and admired 20+ foot waves slamming directly on shore. The power was breathtakingly humbling. On the 1st, the weather laid down and the sun shone bright! We spent the day wandering the ridges of the Kings Range taking in the spectacular views. Today we begin with an egg scramble comprised of wild mushrooms from yesterdays hike, onion, bacon, roasted corn and a sprinkle of extra sharp cheddar.

Happy New Year to you all!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom