Happy Thanksgiving

Ski, thanks for the holiday greetings!!! On this one, I find myself anxiously awaiting the build and delivery of the Granby. The Bride and I are in serious need of a trip to the desert!

Best bird for Thanksgiving...
11090655783_b94d5cee41.jpg

Where I'd like to be...

11089812856_a46082c57e_c.jpg

Happy T-Day to all :D ! Me my new bridge just got infected the other day, and I could not drive north :oops: ---so, Hey, I got football, the dog and cat, it's a nice day here , and my buddy the nice four point buck is out in the front yard eating the birds sunflower seeds (if I could figure out how to cut and paste his picture in here I would) and grain :p. And I'm alive! The drugs seem to be working, my bridge is back in my mouth and I think I can chew, so I get to experiment with cooking a boneless turkey breast :eek:. Since I cut out the pain killers yesterday, I might actually taste what I cook today and might even make a vodka and cranberry or two later-can always be good later! Anyway, I can head north later and see the family, so all you folks enjoy what you got and be happy you didn't work today :D and have one for the troops, cops and others who have no choice but to do their jobs!

Smoke

www.1070.photobucket

And a happy Thanksgiving and Hanukkah to all.

I'll cook a turkey breast and trimmings for cousins and my ancient mom. Latkes another day.

Still looking forward to a trial spin in the new (to me) camper.

Gottoo find a sitter for Mom. And then, I think, somewhere along the coast for a few nights.

Smoke,

MarkBC sent this to me yesterday. It explains it nicely. I am on a Mac, and I found that for images, I needed to right click on them, then select "Copy Image Address", then paste it into the dialog box that pops up when you press the picture icon.

Semper Fi from an old Jarhead,

Steve

To use text as a link to some other place on the web:
  1. Type the text that you want to become the link, for example, My Blog
  2. Drag the cursor over that text to select it
  3. Click on the Link icon in the toolbar
    link-tool.jpg
  4. Type in the URL of the spot to which you want to link, and hit OK

To insert an image into a post on WTW by linking to an image that's hosted somewhere else on the web:
  1. Position the cursor in the post where you want the image to be inserted
  2. Click on the Image icon in the toolbar
    Menu-Insert-Image-1.jpg
  3. Type in the URL for the image -- you need to type in the entire URL including "http://www" -- and hit OK

If you don't see the toolbar, are you using "Full Editor", aka "more reply options"? If you still don't see it, it may be collapsed, as shown in the screenshot below.
tool-bar_collapsed.jpg

Click on the little triangle to un-collapse and see the toolbar.

Does this all make sense, Steve? Feel free to ask more if there's anything unclear and/or if you have additional questions.
- Mark

From the group "W" bench....Yes a Happy Turkey day to all.Especially the people out there working so we can have this time with our families.
Enjoy the food and whatever.
Frank

PS "remember you can get anything you want,at Alice's Resturant ........!

Had a great Thanksgiving. No family arguments for once. Good food. Its one of the few times of the year I'm happy to not be on the road.

Great thanksgiving here in The Old Pueblo. Just Pam and me and her specially prepared Puerto Nuevo style lobster with all the trimmings including chillis rellenos. Turkey? We don't need no stinkin' turkey!

My best Thanksgiving wishes to my WTW fam. I hope yours was as good as mine

Smokecreek1 said:
Yep-lunch can't come to soon today, turkey/cranberry/dressing sandwich's by the dozen :love: -maybe more :p ! mmmmmm!

Smoke
Ahh, leftovers- the best part of Thanksgiving!

takesiteasy said:
Ahh, leftovers- the best part of Thanksgiving!
You got that right! I've become the chef for the holiday dinners. Had a bit of performance anxiety yesterday with trying a new turkey recipe. Maple smoked turkey on the grill for five hours. Added the stuffing - our style - in casserole dishes for the last hour and then baked the biscuits in the grill as the turkey "rested." The Lady wanted to take it for a walk but I insisted, "It needs to rest!"

Our guests said it was the best turkey ever. I'll know tonight after the "leftover" test. :)

ski3pin said:
You got that right! I've become the chef for the holiday dinners. Had a bit of performance anxiety yesterday with trying a new turkey recipe. Maple smoked turkey on the grill for five hours. Added the stuffing - our style - in casserole dishes for the last hour and then baked the biscuits in the grill as the turkey "rested." The Lady wanted to take it for a walk but I insisted, "It needs to rest!"

Our guests said it was the best turkey ever. I'll know tonight after the "leftover" test. :)
Ski, you are a brave soul trying a new recipe on the big day. I made a turkey in the Weber once. Took forever. Congrats on your success! I have become the chef in our house also. I enjoy it but stick to the basics. The turkey had a simple salt and pepper rub with thyme and sage, roasted in the oven without stuffing. I made a wild rice, sausage and corn bread stuffing the night before, as well as a couple of pies. My brother-in-law said I would make a good wife for someone someday. :p

Back
Top Bottom