Have another donut...DOH ! What was that?

DavidGraves

Greetings.

I just decided to remove the Grandby and fiddle with a few things prior to a long trip.....

Mounted the jacks....check.

Aligned the truck well so it is easy pull out of barn and back in under Grandby again...check.

Make sure there is good clearance under camper after jacking it up...check.

Start truck and pull out ever so gently....DOH What was that??? Why did the camper wiggle and shudder a little????

I forgot to disconnect the electrical plug and it is not a breakaway design.

Mangled the plug pretty well but can reshape it I am sure.

I ALWAYS do the stupid oversights prior to leaving on a long trip.

David Graves

I've evolved a Code of Conduct over the years. No new mods or changes before a big trip w/o taking a shake-down trip between the mod or change and the big trip. I like to think that I'm getting smarter as I age. Let me have my delusions, OK?

Of course, SWMBO has Executive veto power over that Code....

I put a new more responsive thermostat in the camper last winter. When we then drove down to central nevada on the first day of a multi-week trip, I could not get the furnace to work. After trying all sort of things with growing frustration and worsening cold, my wife asked if I had tried the on/off switch on the side of the new thermostat... :unsure:

AWG_Pics said:
I put a new more responsive thermostat in the camper last winter. When we then drove down to central nevada on the first day of a multi-week trip, I could not get the furnace to work. After trying all sort of things with growing frustration and worsening cold, my wife asked if I had tried the on/off switch on the side of the new thermostat... :unsure:
That's why you have a co pilot along.
Frank

I know THIS guy...he left his rear vent open as he pulled our of the building........normally one inch clearance.

Night before a big trip...........

My wife knows him also.

DG

Back
Top Bottom