Hawk Install on 2018 Ram 2500

Bwht4x4

I'm about to start the install of my 2013 Hawk onto my new 2018 Ram 2500. Is there anyone out there with a factory installed Hawk on a 2014 - 2018 Ram 2500 that wouldn't mind snapping a couple of picts for me? Specifically, I'd like to see the bottom of the eyebolt (nut) under the truck on the driver's side. I'd like to see how the factory positioned the eyebolt and plate around the DEF and fuel hoses.

The attached picts are from my 2005 Ram 2500 and is what I'm looking for on the 2018 model.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG956492.jpg
    IMG956492.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG956493.jpg
    IMG956493.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 200
FWIW my '16 Ram 2500 had the eyebolts installed by my dealer - not FWC California.

The driver's side looks pretty much like the pics you've included. The big plate is longitudinal.

I removed, flex-sealed, then re-installed my eyebolt washers while upgrading my camper attachment system.

The driver's side front was the most difficult; had to push the filler hoses a little to get the wrench positioned properly.

The tech that installed mine seemed to position them from experience, as well as application, but not as directed by any FWC template.

I was not impressed with the aluminum turnbuckles and replaced them with 3/8", 6" long galvanized forged steel jaw-to-jaw TB's. I also fabricated a pair of wheel well blocks which have helped eliminate movement.

deezlgeezr,

Thanks for the photo. Any chance you could take a pict of the other three mounting locations from under the truck. The one you provided is really helpful, but last night I was looking at the other locations and there's a couple of options on where to place the eyebolt plate.

Thanks again!

OK, here's the other three...Ignore the markings on the visible plates, those were the original locations. I also included a pic of the airbag kit I installed, as well as a pic of a gray water tank I fabricated and installed...Many thanks to great folks here who posted their projects!

Attachments

• driverrear1.jpg
    driverrear1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 239
  • passrear1.jpg
    passrear1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 280
  • passfrnt1.jpg
    passfrnt1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 326
  • graytank1.jpg
    graytank1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 362
  • airbag1.jpg
    airbag1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 308
deezlgeezr said:
OK, here's the other three...Ignore the markings on the visible plates, those were the original locations. I also included a pic of the airbag kit I installed, as well as a pic of a gray water tank I fabricated and installed...Many thanks to great folks here who posted their projects!
Great idea on the grey water tank!!!

Back
Top Bottom