Heading north

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1
Despite red flag warnings (really hot, dry and windy out there), a old bridge falling out of my mouth (get's glued back in today and needing a new roof, but the wood is in, soooo- I leave on Wednesday for a long loop thru the Modoc-need to find a nice place to sit, have a drink, hike and take pictures and maybe do some fishing! Plan to drive by Ash Creek, Cottonwood Flat and up into the Medicine Lake area (RD says it's open despite the web site saying it's closed), over to the Devels Garden (maybe Janes Res.,) and the North Warners, and if I still have not found a place to hide yet, up into the Fremont, then east and who knows where, maybe even into the Steens. Ahhh aint retirement grand :D ! Yep, have a full tank of gas and spare jerry can full , water if I end up in a dry camp, two fresh soup bones for "Bob", some beer and vodka-and lots of maps :p. Maybe see some of you out there, I'm looking a maybe two weeks or so of WTW wondering and adventuring, so let me know , but I promised "Bob" he could drive sometimes, so who knows where I'll end up!

Smoke :)

That sounds like a great trip. Wandering and wondering definitely go together. Good idea bringing bones for Bob. Don't know why we have never done that for Rocky. Next trip he will be surprised!

Hey, heavy rain, lightning and lot's of thunder storms all night; fresh snow on the passes heading north :oops: , in the 50-60's today, with some rain, and into the 80's by friday- this is a great start and I'm out the door in a few and off to Big Valley and points north :) but wondering about wander :cautious: only makes the trip "more better"!!!

:D Smoke

Back
Top Bottom