Headliner wood trim strips

RHarries

Advanced Member
I had a roof leak at the rooftop vent fan and the water damage stained some of the wooden strips that are stapled through the headliner into the aluminum ceiling frame. I have tried to bleach and sand them to remove the disgusting black mold, without satisfactory results.

I am prepared to replace a few of the strips, however have not been able to find a similar product at the local lumber yard or Depot. Before I start fabricating a duplicate profile, I thought I would query this forum for any advice on where to source these trim pieces.

I like the idea of replacing the staples with screws to simplify future replacements (which are hopefully not needed).

Thanks

I used a synthetic trim piece that is white from home depot.. if you are ok with it not being wood.. works great, looks clean.. Found in the moulding section

I used some strips I found in the molding section at Homedepot. They are a little thicker then I would have liked, but saved time on making my own. If you are replacing all of them, it works well, if only replacing some, a not 100% match would not be ideal. There are photos of what it looks like on my build page. They came out well I think.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom