Heater Installation Decision For 2006 Hawk

SDJeff

Hello all:

I have a 2006 Hawk I bought used without a furnace. I want to add one and think I will get a non-cat furnace installed, probably at the factory. I have been told by FWC that my '06 Hawk was framed to fit a Suburban 17 DSI. If I was starting from scratch, I think I would rather have one of the new Atwood's FWC is currently installing with lower amp usage and supposedly quieter. Any comments on that particular Suburban furnace? Are other furnaces substantially better? Is it worth it to for an extra (estimated 3-4) hours for installation (above and beyond the 3 hour install estimate for the Suburban) to have the framing altered and get one of the newer Atwood's? Other suggestions? Thanks a bunch.

Hello all:

I have a 2006 Hawk I bought used without a furnace. I want to add one and think I will get a non-cat furnace installed, probably at the factory.

You could always try a Wave 3 and if it wasn't to your liking sell it here. Only requires you hook it to a propane line.

Do the Wave 3's have adjutsable thermostats? I think the real thermostat with the set it and forget it ability make the built in heaters great.

I have an older atwood and don't find it too loud - but if there was a quiter option I would be all for it.

Do the Wave 3's have adjutsable thermostats? I think the real thermostat with the set it and forget it ability make the built in heaters great.

I have an older atwood and don't find it too loud - but if there was a quiter option I would be all for it.

The thermostat is how much you open the windows :D It has a high and low. It is quieter, zero Db and very propane efficient. I just saw a post somewhere here about someone running it 10 days straight and still having fuel left.

Depends on your noise tolerance. Mine doesn't bother me but I can see for some people where the atwood would be worth the extra expense for the extra quietness.

If my FWC didn't already have the furnace installed, I'd have gone with the wave 3. Very simple unit (maintenance-wise), totally safe, far easier to install, and won't use up that precious battery power. My next (new) 4wc will have the catalytic heater.

Back
Top Bottom