Hellroaring Battery Combiner Separator

panzerkw

HAs anyone performed an installation of the Hellroaring 95150 unit (or the 75150). I know on their website they have abundant information and diagrams. I have read it all
My newly purchased Grandy has the 1314 surepower battery separator and i have their documentation. I have read that too.

I talked to the good folks at hellroaring and they said I should disconnect the 1314 when I install their unit.
My grandby has the factory installed aux deep cycle battery.

I plan on the future to install solar.

Has anyone replace the 1314 and installed a hellroaring unit. I see from a number of threads that owners have placed their 1314 units into the spare battery compartments under the bench|bed.

I just would like to see how they did their install an if they in fact removed the 1314 unit.
I know i'm not building a beam particle weapon but I like to measure twice and cut once.
The folks at hellroaring did say that if both units are in place that you may(?)not charge the battery (sufficiantly)due to the voltage actuation level of the differing units.

so HAs anyone replace the 1314 unit with the hellroaring unit.

What wiring steps did they take.

by the way I did find upon removing the panels to get the the 1314 unit that the camper plug positive cable going to the 1314 separator on the 1314 end wire crimped terminal lug wire end just fell out of the terminal lug. so please check your connections to make sure you have a good mechanical connection on all your wiring.

Thank you all in advance

why are you going to replace the surepower unit? is it defective?

+1. I mean if I was in the market for a seperator in general I'd definately give the hellroaring more consideration than the surepower unit but if you already have a surepower and its still working I don't really see the point in swapping basically the same type of product out (you'll get a little bit less drop on the hellroaring but there are bigger fish to frying in battery charging in my mind).

+1. I mean if I was in the market for a seperator in general I'd definately give the hellroaring more consideration than the surepower unit but if you already have a surepower and its still working I don't really see the point in swapping basically the same type of product out (you'll get a little bit less drop on the hellroaring but there are bigger fish to frying in battery charging in my mind).

+2. I installed a Hellroaring 95300B in my old truck, because my used camper didn't come with a seperator/combiner and I had room for a second battery under the hood, but I wouldn't have gone that route if I already owned a functioning Surepower unit.

wow....i agree with all of this.

its nice to know that, out there, somewhere, every once in a while.......some shares the same opinion.

its nice to know that, out there, somewhere, every once in a while.......some shares the same opinion.

You're wrong. :p

Hello, Relatively new Hawk owner here. Been snooping for a while. I will make an introduction thread here soon.

So how does one tell if the surepower unit is defective? I'm having some issues with charging my aux. battery. There doesn't really seem to be a fuse or the like on the surepower to tell if its defective.

Hello, Relatively new Hawk owner here. Been snooping for a while. I will make an introduction thread here soon.

So how does one tell if the surepower unit is defective? I'm having some issues with charging my aux. battery. There doesn't really seem to be a fuse or the like on the surepower to tell if its defective.

since it uses a solenoid you can listen for it.
when you vehicle starts and its charging circuit activates (there may be a delay of some seconds) the surepower unit will sense the avaialble voltage and activate its solenoid.

at that point your engines charging circuit is feeding your camper battery.

you should see the voltage on the camper batter jump up to ....lets say 14 volts or so.

You can test each side of the separator with a 12v tester (a little probe that will light up when it touches 12v power).

When the truck is turned off and not running, you should only have power on one side of the separator.

When the truck is running, you should be able to sense power at both sides (both terminals).

Yes, like HERR42 said, if your truck is off and not running, get back inside the camper, and then have a freind or your spouse get inside the truck cab and start the truck up.

With-in 5 - 15 seconds you should here a "CLICK" from the separtor opening up.

It is not really loud, but plenty loud enough to hear.

Other than that, you could very well have a lose wire, bad ground, corroded wiring, etc. . . . somewhere along the line.

Best place to start is looking at the engine compartment of your truck, and then follow the wires back to the aux. camper battery.

Hope this helps.

Happy Camping !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back
Top Bottom