Help Me Make My Hawk a Cozy Ski House

Jsoboti

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has painted the internal plastic supports of their FWC. Staring at those two black pieces of plastic just doesn't give me the cozy vibe I'm looking for in my new ski chalet.

What type of paint would adhere best to the plastic and be able to handle the rather large temp. swings / humidity that it will no doubt encounter?

Anyone have examples of what they've done to "cozy up" their FWC?

Thanks!

IMG_4738.jpg

I think the fourth version of FWC Pop Up Life (pretty hokey show in my opinion) has an artist painting his.

Jsoboti said:
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has painted the internal plastic supports of their FWC. Staring at those two black pieces of plastic just doesn't give me the cozy vibe I'm looking for in my new ski chalet.

What type of paint would adhere best to the plastic and be able to handle the rather large temp. swings / humidity that it will no doubt encounter?

Anyone have examples of what they've done to "cozy up" their FWC?

Thanks!

attachicon.gif
IMG_4738.jpg
Try making new ones like the ones used on ATC campers.
They are 1/4" (( think) aluminum rod bent in a "V" sorta shape.
I think it would be easy to change.
Then you could add some netting for storage.
Frank

I found the photos I posted back in May 2010.
Under truck/camper mods page 37 about half way down 'Just have to change it".
Pictures of the front push bar I made mods to.
Frank

I think the way to go would be some sort of adhesive material with a pattern or mural cut to fit in place to cover panel boards. It's a big job to replace the boards !! your right, the black boards do nothing for interior decor.

That push stick in our Hawk came with wicked sharp aluminum extrusions. I could quickly imagine sitting up in bed and getting a head wound. I used pipe insulation and duct tape, and haven't looked back in ten years! The top of the push stick holds a water bottle and phones at night. I've heard of some hanging an iPad for bedtime movies. It's not elegant, but it works.

We've mounted a few hooks (command strips) on our rear push panels for hats, etc.

Back
Top Bottom