help with securing fridge

la_morris

Advanced Member
Hi, I'm looking for detailed advice on how to secure a new 2 way Dometic fridge in my Fleet shell. Seems that on the bench next to the cooktop/ furnace/ battery closet (driver's side) is the best place to place it. I have basic tools and no real skills, but I can follow directions. Thanks!

That's where I put mine in my Eagle shell, I have an Engle with a mounting tray. Before I built shelves and removed the carpeted hinge door, I just screwed the mounting plate into the wood under the carpet. I also cut the door about half way so I could still access the storage and fuse box.
I'm not sure how you are planning to mount it, but here are photos of my set up. If you look closely at the white metal edging you can see where I cut it to still have access. I also ran the power through the storage area and drilled an opening at the front to feed it through.

7512E469-33CA-4FD9-8F15-65F927B9CDCD-1838-000001976648B7A9.jpg
I just used footmans loops and web strapping. Cheap and easy. Never budged. See blog post

https://sierrashadow.wordpress.com/tag/dometic/

I attached my Dometic with a ratchet strap that hooks on to the existing cooler handles and passes under the cooler on a plywood platform the cooler rests on. Works great, never had a problem...

la_morris said:
Is it okay to attach D-rings or some other points of attachment to the bench on the driver's side of the camper?
Should be fine, it's just plywood under the carpet. Avoid attaching to the walls unless you're certain of where the frame is.

Thevulture said:
That's where I put mine in my Eagle shell, I have an Engle with a mounting tray. Before I built shelves and removed the carpeted hinge door, I just screwed the mounting plate into the wood under the carpet. I also cut the door about half way so I could still access the storage and fuse box.
I'm not sure how you are planning to mount it, but here are photos of my set up. If you look closely at the white metal edging you can see where I cut it to still have access. I also ran the power through the storage area and drilled an opening at the front to feed it through.
I see the cut in the trim strip. How did you do a clean job cutting the plywood and carpet? I was planning to do the same thing, but didn't know how to do a nice job.

Back
Top Bottom