Help

Ok, deposit has been sent today. I need advice from anyone who has ordered a camper. What did you do to pass the time waiting for it. It's not due in till September and I'm going nuts thinking about it. Please help.

I would also like to give FWC a big kudos for bringing their website up to par with the 21st century. The website looks great.

Ok, deposit has been sent today. I need advice from anyone who has ordered a camper. What did you do to pass the time waiting for it. It's not due in till September and I'm going nuts thinking about it. Please help.

Plan your trips for the next year and then the next after that!:D

Roger

Roger, good idea. Stan, if I give my serial number, would you be able to send me pics of my camper throughout the build stages. This is a big purchase and thought it would be neat to document the build with pictures.

Lets see. I paced a lot. Went tent camping to remind myself how big of an improvement was coming. I'm sorry. It'll be a long couple months.

No suggestions but congrats on placing an order. Time does slow down when you are waiting for the camper. But then it speeds up once you have it - can't believe we have had ours for almost nine years now. hang in there, it will be worth it.

Ted

I ordered my Grandby in late May, and hopefully it will be delivered in about 3 weeks. Over the last year I have been researching campers as well as mods and improvements that members of this forum have done, a lot of great ideas and onfo. Since placing the order I have made a complete set of LED lights for under $15 for the camper. I now also have a solar panel and a DC fridge I ordered sitting in the garage waiting to be installed once I get the camper. Every morning you wake up you will be one day closer.

We ordered our Grandby in November, it was delivered to FWC Canada at the end of January and I picked it up in early-April. The plan was to spend the winter in Arizona riding the ATV all over the state. Medical issues arose so the Arizona trip got cancelled, so I stayed home and shoveled snow. I do not recommend this as a way of passing the time waiting for your camper :mad:

Plan your trips for the next year and then the next after that!:D

Roger

:LOL:
Yep-buy a bunch of maps and plan-nothing better to kill a bunch of time than looking at maps, getting on the net and getting enough info to really plan a neat trip or two or three, or--------

Smoke

You could also start collecting the little items needed. Coffee pot, paper towel holder. container for grey water, etc.

Great ideas everyone. Gromley, what is a bush camp and what did you do there? It sounds interesting.

Figure out how to make your life and your house work out when you aren't there. Are there plants to water or lawns to cut? How will that happen?
On the road there is financial life. Can you keep track of bills and pay them while away from home and mail?
Finally spend several hours a day looking at the camper pictures on the FWC web site and on Wanderthewest.

Again thanks for all the pointers. I tried purchasing a used theftford 135, lost out on ebay. Got called in for double time and forgot to check. I am now also going through the picture thread for a 4th time and oddly enough, every time I look at everyone's camper, I enjoy it so much, it like it's the first time looking. Keep posting pictures. I also tried to add a picture to my avatar and it keeps telling me its to large. Any pointers how to fix this.

Back
Top Bottom