Hey Beer Hunters........

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
Could you please find a little courtesy and quit buying all the Pliny from all the stores on the West Coast? You could leave a little Pliny for someone else you know. Didn't your mothers teach you to share? OK, I'll get off my soapbox now......

Could you please find a little courtesy and quit buying all the Pliny from all the stores on the West Coast? You could leave a little Pliny for someone else you know. Didn't your mothers teach you to share? OK, I'll get off my soapbox now......

DD, my beer comes from Kenya so I'm not the cause of your shortage.

Can't get Pliny out where I am. In fact, there's a real serious shortage of most artisan beers out here. I blame all those west coast beer hunters.
tongue.gif

You're right DD. I've been camping in remote areas and have seen bottle after bottle consumed. These people have shown little concern for others that would have liked to partake of this fine brew. To them it's all about enjoying a beer with some good friends. How selfish can a person be? By the way, will anyone be bringing any the the pig roast? I can't find any in So.Cal. Thanks.

mike

There are four stores in my area that carry Pliney. Each of them gets two cases a month, in one delivery. Because of this, at least one store in my area is limiting purchases to three bottles. That said, it is my right to buy all the Pliney I want. Sure, I could buy some lesser beer like Hop Stoopid, Arrogant Bastard, or Triple Exultation, but why should I suffer because you live in some foreign country. Bend is in the U.S.? Whatever. Your problem, not mine. I even have two of those stores telling me when they get their delivery and that they will hold some for me. So deal with it.

There are four stores in my area that carry Pliney. Each of them gets two cases a month, in one delivery. Because of this, at least one store in my area is limiting purchases to three bottles. That said, it is my right to buy all the Pliney I want. Sure, I could buy some lesser beer like Hop Stoopid, Arrogant Bastard, or Triple Exultation, but why should I suffer because you live in some foreign country. Bend is in the U.S.? Whatever. Your problem, not mine. I even have two of those stores telling me when they get their delivery and that they will hold some for me. So deal with it.

Do you pick your beer up after dark?

beer is what makes my world go around. my girlfriend and i have been working on some kind of a central/ northern ca. brewery tour. Lagunitas, russian river are definites. we went to enterprise or. to taste fresh terminal gravity last april. in coos bay, we are especially challenged when it comes to buying beer. last week, i took a quick trip to pacific city and had a few at the Pelican brewerey. beer and food were good. did i mention i like beer?

- jw

Buddy of mine works at a store that gets a few cases. I'm crossing my fingers I'm high enough up on his list to actually call me when it comes in. Nonetheless I have a few tasties to bring.

Part of an email from my local pub:

Also we just got some Pliney The Elder in bottles!! Get them while you can. Limit 6/person/day

With a little luck, I'll score a few.

Good luck, better act fast. Don't fret if you miss out on it. I met up with Craig this weekend and added to his stockpile. There will be Pliney at the pig roast. Amd simimike, Craig has your package, too.

Back
Top Bottom