HID Headlights

Cayuse

With the amount of time I seem to spend driving two lane roads that are either open range or full of large four legged critters that could ruin your evening if they stepped in front of the truck I decided I wanted to brighten things up a bit.

After talking to several of the shops around town about different options, bumper mount, stock position, LED, HID, etc I finally decided to go with HID in the stock position as I can always add something on the bumper later on.

No pics of the change yet but I went out for a quick drive last night and could rarely turn on the brights due to other traffic. Not sure I like the warm up time but impressed by the bright white light. Have them wired so the fogs are always on when the headlights are on so the shoulders will be lit (HID fog light conversion as well).

The real test will come starting next week when I head to the desert and have some nightime drives but I think I'm going to be pretty happy. Might add some pencil beams later to get further down the road, we'll see.

Bob

PS. Can't really say how the cost comes out versus other options as the shop that did the work also supplies my UPS batteries for work and I have a good working relationship with them so I know I got a deal as it was less than what bumper mount LED's were going to be.

Back
Top Bottom