Highway 20 Washington ST.

snow hunter

Greetings Folks,

I decided to take a quick trip to enjoy the last of the warm weather and fall color before the weather changes.I loaded up the ninja camper with Bike, Raft,Guitar,dog,and some tasty treats.

Our first destination leaving from Maple Falls was east to Ross lake for a little rafting and views over Washington pass and then to Mazama for some offroading up goat Mt..After that around lake Chelan to I 90, over Blewet and Snoqualmie pass then back home on I -5. It is a loop around the northwest side of the state.

One of my first stops for gas was in Newhalem, I spoted a FWC it was driving east and looked like a Green Toyota T100.I got behind him but was not willing to drive at his speed.I go slow epecially on a road trip when the weather is a perfect 75 to 80 degrees with blue sky and sun.

The lake was great only a couple of Kyakers were there.I got to row out to Thunder pt where there is a nice campground and views..The North cascades Highway is probably one of my favorite drives for views and small town stops in Washington.Also lots of off road trails with great camp sites.

Attachments

• highway 20 sept 024.jpg
    highway 20 sept 024.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 350
over Rainy pass

This spot of the highway is closed in the winter and will not be opened till around march.They call it rainy pass but today it was nothing but sun.

Attachments

• highway 20 sept 037.jpg
    highway 20 sept 037.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 366
Mazama, Goat Mt. trail.

I found a Nice 4 wheel road up Goat Mt. in Mazama.This trail was for snowmobiling in the winter and 4x4s in the summer.I decided to take it for a while and look for a level camp site.I was able to find a flat spot in a pine forest with some nice views.Lots of privacy and no road sound up hear,only the wind and the lost river down below.I decided against the campfire because this area is really dry.The Temp.at night did get down to the 30s but inside I was around 65 with my catalitic heater running on low.
There were Great stars out here with no major cities around.

Attachments

• highway 20 sept 046.jpg
    highway 20 sept 046.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 347
The front of Goat Mt from lost river road.This is a popular Rock climbing spot where outward bound has a camp near the base.

Attachments

• highway 20 sept 054.jpg
    highway 20 sept 054.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 338
This is a spot over Washington pass.I went threw here with my older hightop camper on a 91 toyota about 8 years ago and really got nailed by the wind.
I didn't feel it with the poptop so much this time.

Attachments

• highway 20 sept 039.jpg
    highway 20 sept 039.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 337
This is the galley of the 1986 Fleet aka ninja.I didn't get this side in my intro post.The rest of the trip through I 90 was nice but I will stop here because of lack of photos and my battery went dead on my camera.

Cheers

Snow Hunter

Attachments

• highway 20 sept 002.jpg
    highway 20 sept 002.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 336
I found a couple more .Here's the road up Goat Mt.

Attachments

• highway 20 sept 043.jpg
    highway 20 sept 043.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 306
  • highway 20 sept 047.jpg
    highway 20 sept 047.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 313
looks like a great trip...as always, thanks for the post and pics!

Thanks for all the comments Guys.
I will try and remember the extra batteries for my camera for next trip.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom