Home With New Cougar

chnlisle

Post Master
Well we managed to get through the 4th alive. Cache Creek took it's toll but the new Cougar was comfy and perfect for the trip. It was as hot in the Sacto area as it was in Tucson but the 2 FantasticFans blowing down kept everything very comfy through the night. Because this camper has no passenger side couch or back rest the room inside is huge. The extra 2" headroom is well worth the cost of the option.

Now that I'm back in Tucson I'm starting the modifications. The Engel is already installed on the slide lock and the awning rail has been attached to the driver and passenger sides. I've started converting all of the fixtures to LEDs and I've ordered the acrylic awning materiel. Like the last awning this one will also be quite large and it will also be 8'wide.

I still have a Bobcat being built for my inventory and I'll be picking it up towards the end of September when we get back from NOLA. By the way that Bobcat can still be converted to a customer order and it will still have a Sept delivery date. It's early enough to add or change any of the options. It currently is ordered with jacks & brackets, a furnace and an auxiliary battery system.

Glad to hear your trip went well Jay, look forwad to the pics.

Catching up on posts here as I've been semi-off the grid for a couple of weeks.

Sunman sends from his hammock in El Salvador.

The awning is almost done. Should finish it today. I have tree trimmings to truck to the dump Friday. When I get back I'll put the new Cougar on the truck and snap a few pix.

Wow! Did you travel by road or by air?

By Air Ted. And someday hopefully by road , that has always been a dream.

Sorry for the hijack Jay.

Heh these camper names make for a thread title with a pretty funny alternate meaning :D

I thought the same thing and was hoping for pictures :D

But since that isn't the case - I'll take some pics of the awning.

DD,
The old Cougar is more than I can handle and after 25 years I'm Sticking with her.

Sunny,
No problem any post you make is fine with me.

Jeff aka Desert Rancher,
I did make one before fortunately I'm not gonna be tested on the straighness of my stitches. Here a bit of detail on the old one.

The old awning made from the old bedroom curtains. Free.
Copy of June Camping Trip 014.jpg

The front bar made from rigid steel electrical conduit. $2.87.
Awning 2.jpg

I bought 2 lengths (they only come in 10')of PVC conduit and cut off what I needed and used construction adhesive to glue to, and lengthen the tent poles and attached them to the jack brackets. Collapsible Tent Poles $28.50. Conduit $2.65 each
Awning 1.jpg

I attached awning extruded awning rail to both sides of the camper so the awning can be attached to either side. Awning rail 16' $17.00.
Awning 3.jpg

Using my very old SewMor I sewed the 2 curtain panels together put in a pocket for the conduit and on the back edge attached the awning welt/chord. Awning welt $7.20.
Welt.jpgchord.

The new awning is solution dyed acrylic but all the other stuff is the same. I've sewn 2" velcro loop to the from flap of the new awning so that I can put shade cloth on it (or anything else I might think of.)

Back
Top Bottom