How about a fireplace in the camper?

Barko1

Got this in email today, who wants to try it out :oops: A propane fireplace you hang on the wall!
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200374052_200374052?cmm_mc=Housefile:sleep:EDEALSALE_CLEAR080411:sleep:080411consumer:sleep:P1&cm_lm=klr650nut@yahoo.com&state=NM&hotline=&marketcode=
177951lg-S.jpg

I wonder how the "vent-free" claim works?
Seems like this would need venting at least as much as a catalytic propane heater does... :unsure:

But safety aside, it does look like a great addition to finer camper living! :D

You do not want vent free. I used one one winter in my shop. When the gas is burned it contains water, the windows sweat and it smelled bad. Then I saw black mold growing on the insulation paper. Now I use a direct vent with no more problems.

But safety aside, it does look like a great addition to finer camper living! :D

I heard a term the other day on the news regarding luxury camping: "Glamping"

I heard a term the other day on the news regarding luxury camping: "Glamping"

I don't think too many of us can be accused of "Glamping".

I don't think too many of us can be accused of "Glamping".

Maybe, maybe not. I eat ribeyes and drink nice red wine for dinner, and have scotch and a small humidor under the couch for dessert. :D

Of course, the bbq is small and gets stored on the roof, the steak is served on plastic $1 store plates, and the wine is drunk from 2-piece $1 store plastic glasses. But it all seems pretty glamorous to us! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I just installed a Wave 3 in addition to the stock blower furnace. Talk about glamping!

We're pretty sure the Wave is the way for us (low noise :D , zero battery :) ), but meanwhile the furnace is . . . there. Figure we'll do a quick heat up / dry off from rain, etc. with the blower, then enjoy the quiet heat of the Wave for the rest of the evening. Pretty cushy, I'd say.

Eventually, I'll consider pulling the furnace and reconfiguring the cabinet space.

Maybe, maybe not. I eat ribeyes and drink nice red wine for dinner, and have scotch and a small humidor under the couch for dessert. :D

Of course, the bbq is small and gets stored on the roof, the steak is served on plastic $1 store plates, and the wine is drunk from 2-piece $1 store plastic glasses. But it all seems pretty glamorous to us! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

OK, I was wrong about the Glampers here. I eat sausage and beans, and I do enjoy my dry and warm environment, I guess it is all relative. My current travels are much more luxurious than a bivy sack and a bag of Gorp, with scorpions crawling around :D

You eat dessert under the couch? Interesting use of space.

:p

Back
Top Bottom