How best to search trip report forumn...Nevada ?

DavidGraves

Hello All

What is the best way to search the WTW trip reports for Nevada ?

Happy Labor day!

David Graves

There is a search feature in the WTW header above. Search for Nevada in the trip report forum and you should get a couple pages of search results. .

Many thanks

Have used that search function for several years....just looking for for more effective means.

David Graves

Google Search can limit it's searches to a single web site by including the search term "site:www.wanderthewest.com" as one of the search terms. That just needs to be one of the search terms, it doesn't have to be the first or last of your search terms. Just be sure not to put a space between the colon and site name--- it's all one string.

That also opens up searching to the more refined searches shown on this Google page.

I know this has come up before but I thought it worth mentioning in this thread specifically about searching.

Also-- if you happen to mess up the site name, the search will not tell you that... it will just tell you no results found. That has occasionally bitten me when I left out or doubled up a period or character in the site name.
'
I do quite a lot of searching of WTW via Google, so I set up a Favorite in my Chrome browser that has site:www.wanderthewest.com in it followed by a short character string I know won't be found on WTW. When I hit the Favorite, the results of the search come back 'no results found' but that also puts the search terms in a new search window and I can easily just back over that character-string and put in the terms for my real search.

Good luck searching!

Back
Top Bottom