How do you repair canvas??

smileyd

Advanced Member
Is there a way to repair the canvas in a 4 wheel camper???

What is the best solution?

Canvas repair

If I remember right you have the older liner that is a sort of off brown color. We currently don't have any of that material on hand.

I do have some scrap material of the grey color though. You could use it to patch the liner that you have if you need too.

We use a glue product called VLP to put patches on. It works really well and holds up over time. If you can't find the product near you we do have some of it also. You should be able to do a search on Google for VLP Vinyl Repair and see if anyone in your area carries it.

Let me know if you need some of the grey material and I will be happy to send you some.

Also if you could send a picture of the repair area that you are talking about on the liner it would help to know what exactly you are trying to fix.

Sincerely,

Ben
www.allterraincampers.com

Hi Ben,

I will get you pics of the canvas soon. Our camper was obviously neglected by the old owners. It is well on it's way to becoming a workable rig though. We would love to get some of that canvas to patch our problem. Let us know if you want anything for it. I appreciate it.

Found the VLP glue. Thanks!

canvas repair

Just let me know how much of the material you will need and an address to send it to. It is just scrap material that I will be sending you, so there is no charge for it.

Glad you were able to find the VLP in your area. The stuff works great.

Sincerely,

Ben
www.allterraincampers.com

Take care of it and it should last a long time. My Jeep top is similar material. I use 303 protectant three times a season (tops off in the summer) and its eleven years old now and still looks like new. I'm doing the same treatment on the camper and expect the same results.

Back
Top Bottom