How to secure camper in driveway?

pi guy

Hi all,
I am new here. Just got a Four Wheel Fleet. I live in a big city and am wondering how to keep it secure in our driveway when it is not in use. Unfortunately the garage is not an option at this point. What do folks do? I am wondering more specifically about what's to keep someone from backing in the driveway and loading it up when I am away? I haven't found much searching the interwebs. Any ideas out there? Thanks for any info!

Some possibilities come to mind.
1 Keep camper on truck at all times. It would be difficult to steal by removing jacks and keeping camper door locked.
2. Build support and drop camper onto support, then remove jacks. Keep camper door locked.
3. Build dolly on wheels. Lower camper onto dolly. Bolt camper to dolly thru floor pack and keep camper doors locked. Chain dolly to concrete anchor in driveway.
4. Build dolly on wheels. Drop camper onto dolly. Push camper/dolly into garage and keep garage locked.

Each of these has advantages/disadvantages depending on driveway slope, HOA issues, time required to mount/dismount camper before & after use. No size fits all.

Paul

Thanks for the reply! I was able to get a basic support together and have taken the jacks off.

What did you mean in number 3 when you said "bolt camper to dolly through floor pack." What is the floor pack?

pi guy said:
Thanks for the reply! I was able to get a basic support together and have taken the jacks off.

What did you mean in number 3 when you said "bolt camper to dolly through floor pack." What is the floor pack?
The floor is attached to walls to make the camper a unit. Contact Stan at FWC to learn how to proceed.

Paul

5. Make sure your homeowner's insurance will cover your camper parked in the driveway for full replacement cost. Document full replacement cost.

JaSAn said:
5. Make sure your homeowner's insurance will cover your camper parked in the driveway for full replacement cost. Document full replacement cost.
It might also be covered under the vehicle policy, check with your agent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom