hydraulic leak

lost in space

Hello,

I have a 1995 Alaskan that has a hydraulic leak. Question: where can you buy the hydraulic tubing for this?
Do hardware stores have it? Home depot?, auto parts stores?, or do I need to get those lines from Alaskan.
Also, can I repair these lines with a coupling or do I need to a run a whole new line. The hole in the tubing is easy to get to, just above the propane tank. However, the rest of it feeds to the right rear piston behind the cassette toilet.

thanks for any and all input,

lost in space

What kind of material are the hydraulic lines made of in a '95? In mine that is 30 years older they are copper.

On my 94 the line are plastic. Looks to be about the same as airline on a semi truck. If this is the case you should be able to buy a coupler to join the pieces at the break from a truck dealer.

I found a new to me pump from a Chrysler convertible that looks to be about the same size as my hydraulic pump in my Alaskan. Its always bothered me that its the only way to lift the top. If almost anything else fails there is a work around, but not that. Over the winter I will try to see if it will really work or if I am back to my original though of putting a hand pump in series with the electric one.

Over the winter I will try to see if it will really work or if I am back to my original though of putting a hand pump in series with the electric one.

I think you would have to put it it parallel with shut off valves on both sides.

Yes your right it would have to be parallel to the existing pump. The pump is the only thing that bothers me, Everything else works flawlessly. I have the updated rams that lift fast and probably would lift twice as much as they do, as long as the pump works. It one of those thing that will not quit until your back a full day in 4 wheel drive and of course its dark..its my luck anyway.

I have the updated rams that lift fast and probably would lift twice as much as they do, as long as the pump works.

Mike, where did you get the updated rams? from Alaskan? Cost? Did you install yourself?

The rams where updated when I bought the camper. The previous owner updated them from Alaskan. Don't know the cost but it would be an easy update except for the back wall beside the toilet.

I found a small 12 volt pump out of a convertible car that I am going to try. Looks like the same size as the original but I don't know about the volume yet. It is still my only concern with my Alaskan.

Back
Top Bottom