I got the Alaskan out

Rusty

October 9......usually a day of celebration around here...my birthday...72 this year

Was a little hairy this year....and...we were burned out....5 barns an office and the house... Got the Alaskan and my fishing boat...some gear/ clothes/ food....really quite a bit compared to some of our friends who barely made it out with their lives...it pays to have your mounting procedure down pat and well known to the family

We're alive and for the moment have relocated to Graton

BTW......take pictures of everything you own and keep it in a thumb drive in you glove box....much of our documentation went up in smoke.....photograph documents at high res....

Still sifting ashes....and enjoying being old

Sound like you were lucky . Good thing you have a shelter and your lives . Good luck

Woah that is WAY too over the top with the birthday candles, Rusty!

Seriously I'm glad you guys made it out okay! Many blessings to your family!

I'm very sorry to hear you lost so much Rusty. The place has been too quiet without you, but I'm glad you and your family are OK.
-Bill-

Glad you made it out - sorry for your losses. it is always hard to believe how fast fires like that can move. good luck in rebuilding houses and lives.

Glad you are still with us Rusty! Prayers for all those affected by the fires and hope your recovery goes well :)

rusty,
I haven't been here in quite a while. we now use a motorhome since my wife can't climb up in the camper anymore. maybe the kids will use it someday. I'm so sorry to hear your bad news. I hope your family is well, despite the circumstances. I also want to thank you(as well as other members) for all the support , encouragement , and info you gave me when I was restoring both of my Alaskans.

best wishes,
wes

I've been thinking a lot about you lately Wes ....and the trials and tribulations you went through restoring the CO section. And.....we've been to in and out far too much these last couple weeks....
I heard " in and out" was locating a drive through in Grays Harbor......joke...lol.
Keep an eye on new threads....I came up with a structural repair for the curved section without disassembling the top....it's a real time saver for older unit repairs....
Nice to hear from you...and thanks for the thoughts

Wow. So sorry to hear about the fire and your losses. What a shame; you put so much creative energy into that camper. Not to mention the other things that were lost in the fire. Glad you and your family are safe.

So sorry about your loss - fortunately you were able to get out with your lives. We were evacuated one time and I didn't have time to load my Hawk- just the pets, hard drive, and bug out gear. Hope you get your lives back together as soon as possible!!

Wow, want a story Rusty! Glad you are safe and made it out with a few important belongings. Best wishes to you and your family and friends with recovery and rebuilding.

You are the fourth family we know of that were burnt out by this savage firestorm. So very sad.

Back
Top Bottom