I Just Drove the Alcan (Alaska Highway)

robbie

I was not with our truck and Fleet FWC but a new one ton flat deck truck. Drove from Calgary Alberta to Watson Lake, Yukon.
The highway is in very good shape. there is one large construction stretch between Northern Rockies Lodge and the Liard Hot Springs. The delay was only a couple of minutes and apilot truck led us through.
If you need to buy gas in Fort Nelson the cost is generally less expensive on the east side (Dawson Creek side) of Fort Nelson than waiting for the last gas station on the road west out of town.
Drove the highway on last Saturday and Sunday.

We have been from Watson Lake to Whitehorse many times and that stretch of road is good too.

Watson Lake

Maybe I should get up there again. The last time I drove the Alaskan Highway was in 1973! I remember 1200 miles of gavel and some dirt. Now they say it's all macadam.

robbie said:
I was not with our truck and Fleet FWC but a new one ton flat deck truck. Drove from Calgary Alberta to Watson Lake, Yukon.
The highway is in very good shape. there is one large construction stretch between Northern Rockies Lodge and the Liard Hot Springs. The delay was only a couple of minutes and apilot truck led us through.
If you need to buy gas in Fort Nelson the cost is generally less expensive on the east side (Dawson Creek side) of Fort Nelson than waiting for the last gas station on the road west out of town.
Drove the highway on last Saturday and Sunday.

We have been from Watson Lake to Whitehorse many times and that stretch of road is good too.

Watson Lake
Thanks Robbie for the info.
How's the Cassiar?
Frank

Cassiar is fine. with the fires right now at Fort St John, area I think the cassiar is the best bet in the short term anyway.

Robbie

Back
Top Bottom