I Ordered my Bobcat Shell Today

GroovyDad

I just ordered my ATC Bobcat shell from Jeff today. It looks like I'm about 10 weeks out from taking delivery of it, which will give me time to get some Ride Rites and E-rated tires for my Toyota Tacoma (4 x 4 long bed, double cab).

Deciding to go with ATC and picking the options I did was in no small part due to the great advice and information on this forum and in Wander the West as a whole. I'm so glad a community like WTW exists to educate and inspire all of us to explore our world.

To add to other comments regarding ATC, their customer service and willingness to provide their customers with everything they want is second to none. There's no doubt in my mind that I went with the right company and I'll proudly be an ambassador for them as I drive down the dirt roads of the west.

More to come...

I'm very handy with cabinetry and welding, so I went pretty basic. I just got the jacks, LED upgrade, AT Jerry can holder, Yakima tracks, and the propane cabinet and horizontal tank.

I plan to keep it very simple i.e. gravity fed water, ice chest, Mr. Buddy heater, etc. The only thing I plan to go a little crazy on is a rollover couch. Since I couldn't find the rollover hinges anywhere, I spent last weekend making wooden prototypes and I finally figured out the hinge. When I get my Bobcat, I'll fabricate the hinges and voila, I have my own rollover couch bed. When I get the exact dimensions of the hinge, I'll post them on WTW, so others can make their own too.

Congrats on your camper order! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

GroovyDad said:
To add to other comments regarding ATC, their customer service and willingness to provide their customers with everything they want is second to none. There's no doubt in my mind that I went with the right company and I'll proudly be an ambassador for them as I drive down the dirt roads of the west.
Yes, that is the way it is at ATC. :)

Hey Shoestring, are you the guy I met at the Patagonia outlet a couple of weeks ago who gave me the tour of your Bobcat?

GroovyDad said:
Hey Shoestring, are you the guy I met at the Patagonia outlet a couple of weeks ago who gave me the tour of your Bobcat?
Yes! Kinda thought this might be you...congratulations!!!!

shoestring said:
Yes! Kinda thought this might be you...congratulations!!!!
Well, thanks again for giving me the tour of yours and the information. Mine is supposed to be done by November 14th, so maybe I'll see you all out and about.

Back
Top Bottom