Increased counter space

BobM

For years to utilize my sink area as counter space I've been using a nylon cutting board which worked great. I don't why it took me so long but on my last outing in Borrego Springs I thought wouldn't be nice to have a cutout near the faucet to both prevent dripping on the board but also to allow access to the sink when the board was in place. The photos are before and after I cut the half round:
Before: 20180327_143701.jpg After:20180327_145421.jpg20180327_145436.jpg

P.S. it's also nice having it there during the night so I don't knock my water bottle etc. into the sink while I'm conducting an orchestra in my dreams :oops:

Is there a way to secure the nylon cutting board, keeping it in place, during travel?

I am planning on doing exactly the same with my glass top sink, removing the glass cover and replacing it with a bamboo cutting board cut to fit the spot. In addition to being more usable than the glass top as counterspace, when removed the cutting board will allow me to use half the sink when the bed is pulled out into queen configuration.

MountainSufi said:
Is there a way to secure the nylon cutting board, keeping it in place, during travel?
I keep it behind my table which is behind the back of my couch

Howdy from Jackson Hole!

I finally did this & it looks GREAT. Amazon has a big cutting board cheap to size down. I retained the cutout to allow stuff in the sink caddy to stick out. There's room for a large soap bottle to stick out.

This looks so good I'm not going to ding it up chopping food. I'll continue using a flexible cutting board mat that takes zero space in a cabinet.

Thankx for this simple, genius idea!

Back
Top Bottom