Installation of a front receiver hitch on 2nd Gen Tacoma

Bosque Bill

Installation for a 2013 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 4x4

I wanted a front hitch for my truck, but I didn't want to change the appearance too much from stock and I wanted a high-clearance unit that didn't extend so far down as to get hung up on a challenging road.

The proper front hitch could also become a legitimate recovery point for the front of the truck, with a shackle insert. I also wanted to have a mount for a front bike rack, as the options for mounting a bike at the rear on a Fleet camper are limited, at best.

This is not a full how-to post, but more a pictorial of the process. If any Tacoma owners want to do this for their truck, I've provided links and details at the bottom of the post which will hopefully be helpful. The hitch bolts onto the frame, no welding or modifications are needed (other than cutting out a section of plastic grill.) All fasteners were included in the kit.

Here is a photo of the completed project. Click to embiggen.

10-Final_1000w-SL1_2829.jpg

I was going to do the post here, but the limitations on photos uploaded prevented that.

Thanks Bill. I ran across this hitch a few years ago and thought it was pretty slick. Great to see the process of installing it. Seems like it could be really useful.

Slick receiver Bill. And in a great location.
Ours is welded on Below the license plate. The fabricator did an excellent job, however takes a lot of careful thought.
Bolting is a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom