Interesting First Day of Summer

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
We started summer off with a surprise, having coffee on the porch, using the spotting scope to scan the high country west of us, we found one of the bands of mountain goats that roams the Elk Horn Mountains. Eleven animals at one time.

The second surprise was reconnecting with a kid I joined the Marine Corps with in February of 1967. While waiting to be sworn in, we chatted for a bit, and discovered our grandmothers were half sisters, making us half first cousins, once removed. Instant best friend… We asked to go in on the buddy plan, but I was called to active duty before he was. We had Marine buddies in common, but I never saw him again.

I tried to find him several times over the years, but all of our older relatives had passed away. This morning , I received a text message from him, and we caught up after over 55 years. It’s a smaller world than we know.

Wow, instant flashback! Pretty cool that your marine buddy found you. A nice day indeed.

I thought you were going to talk about how hot it has been already. Like for us so far the hottest May on record and heading toward the hottest June, 18 days with triple digit temps so far. And August is normally our hottest month!
I want to sit on the porch and watch mountain goats in the high country!

JWL said:
<snip>
I want to sit on the porch and watch mountain goats in the high country!
There are 7 of them this morning. They seem to like first light so they can warm up and socialize. Kinda like people.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
We started summer off with a surprise, having coffee on the porch, using the spotting scope to scan the high country west of us, we found one of the bands of mountain goats that roams the Elk Horn Mountains. Eleven animals at one time.

The second surprise was reconnecting with a kid I joined the Marine Corps with in February of 1967. While waiting to be sworn in, we chatted for a bit, and discovered our grandmothers were half sisters, making us half first cousins, once removed. Instant best friend… We asked to go in on the buddy plan, but I was called to active duty before he was. We had Marine buddies in common, but I never saw him again.

I tried to find him several times over the years, but all of our older relatives had passed away. This morning , I received a text message from him, and we caught up after over 55 years. It’s a smaller world than we know.
Steve that is a great story.
Thanks for sharing.
It truly is a small world.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom