Introduction and question for Seattle area members

sameguy

Advanced Member
Howdy from Wyoming. I have been a long time lurker and thought it was time to introduce myself and selfishly ask for a favor. This is my first post here but I have been a long time member over at Expedition Portal as sameguy.

My better half and I have been camping and backpacking all of our lives but have been leaning towards offroading and overlanding more and more in the past 5 years. We started with an old 4Runner which served us fine till we picked up an oversized Little Guy 6 wide sport camper. We moved up to an FJ cruiser, then a 2012 Tundra to pull it and all of the gear and toys we have acquired over the years. We modified the little guy to be more robust and lifted it with Timbren Axle-less suspension to get the clearance we needed to get off the beaten path here in Wyoming.

As our kids are about out of the house we have less and less need to bring dirt bikes and 4 wheelers when we go adventuring. The little Guy camper, while awesome leaves a little to be desired in the 'comforts' arena and there always seems to be some disagreement, especially on cold mornings, who's turn it is to get out of a cozy bed and make the coffee.

We have decided on trying out a slide in, pop up camper. The thought is to pick up a decent used FWC Hawk or ATC Panther (if I could find one, lol) and see if it would work for us.

Which brings me to a question for any Seattle area members. I have found a used camper for what seems to be a decent price in The Seattle area. The link was found here on WTW and I have made contact with the seller. I am wondering if there is anyone in the area that might be interested in checking it out and letting me know their opinion of its condition. I know it is a tall request for someone you don't know but I hope to become a valued member of this community and make some new friends along the way.

Here is a pic of our current rig, all packed up for a week in Moab last year.

Attachments

• Sig.jpg
    Sig.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 120
Hey Sameguy, welcome.

What part of Seattle is it in? It's a pretty big geographic area so I probably would have limited availability, but if it can work out, I'd try and help.

JR

Hello and welcome!

Is it this one here: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvs/6123334523.html

If not - it should be! That is a great deal that I would be all over if I had a Tundra.

Anyway from the location listed, that is on my way home from work and I would be happy to take a look at it for you. Shoot me a PM and I can let you know my availability and such. I would prefer you interface with the seller to set up the meeting, explaining what my role is. I recently picked up my 2nd camper in the past year, and have done some pretty extensive upgrades to each so I think I can give you a pretty good idea about what needs to be done and such. Plus I have a PhD in Business so that helps a little . . .

Thank you both for the offer. The seller said he thinks he has a local buyer but will let me know if it doesn't go through. Michgoblue, I'm not sure that is the same one I was looking at but the link says removed by seller. I really appreciate your willingness to check it out for me, I'll let ya know if I hear back from the seller.

sameguy said:
Thank you both for the offer. The seller said he thinks he has a local buyer but will let me know if it doesn't go through. Michgoblue, I'm not sure that is the same one I was looking at but the link says removed by seller. I really appreciate your willingness to check it out for me, I'll let ya know if I hear back from the seller.
That one must have sold - I was surprised it lasted as long as it did since it was a pretty good deal. The campers around here sell pretty fast - the two I got I had to look at and buy right away as there was a line of people wanting to purchase. If you are going to travel anyway, probably will have more luck in Colorado or California finding a deal on something and getting to it before it sells locally - just way more campers in those areas for sale compared to here.

Anyway let me know. My term is winding down so my schedule is fairly flexible now.

Back
Top Bottom