Iphone suddenly won't let me log in

buckland

Site Team
I am up to date iPhone 13 ... used the app just a couple days ago. When I try to log in it says no.
No problem on the laptop on which I type this. No big deal as I usually use the laptop but thought you should know if it is on your end.
Thanks
Rob

Today I checked again. I went into the menu and one option is to "Sign Out" which means I am signed in. Also the I want to add a comment It says "you do not have permission". Have I been cast out of the flock?

Rob, I Don use the app, so don’t have good advice. You might try deleting it from your iPhone, then down loading it agai. If that fails, there is always Safari.

Don’t delete the app. See Janet’s post below.

Thanks Steve
I think there is an issue as this has happened before. I am on the iPad now with IOS and yes a it works through Safari but the app has the same issue as the iPhone. Also a bit disconcerting is after I deleted the APP I went to reinstall and it is not coming up on a search at the APP store. Perhaps let the IT folks have a heads up.
Thanks
Rob

We've contacted the app developer about this issue and are hoping for some resolution. Do not uninstall the app (IOS) if you are having trouble as it's no longer available in the app store.

That app is based on Tapatalk. In the interim you could use the iOS copy of Tapatalk itself while we're waiting for some resolution. It will have all the same functionality although the view (colors, etc) will be a bit changed.

The Android version should be working today as expected.

Yes I had tried deleting from the iPhone but alas it may be gone for good. I still have it on the iPad. bummer.

Is there any resolution to this? From the descriptions of the problem I am reading in this thread, it just started happening to me as well in the last few days. Did anything change? The app on both my iPhone and iPad are giving me errors. I tried logging out, logging in, uninstalling, reinstalling, nothing works.

Also, even on the website in Safari from my iMac (which is what I am using now), I can't get any kind of "New Content" to show up. I usually just browse new posts every once in a while, but I can't do that at all.
***Update: I am getting New Content now in Safari. My fault. Operator error.***

Roger, on the iMac, try deleting your WTW Cookie.

Settings->safari->advanced. Search for WTW, then delete that cookie. You’ll have to log in again.

I've noticed this issue too. Can't login via my iPhone (that's been a longstanding issue) but now I can't login on the iPad either. It give me a lot of HTML (can't cut paste it) that seems to indicate a javascript error.

Vic Harder said:
I've noticed this issue too. Can't login via my iPhone (that's been a longstanding issue) but now I can't login on the iPad either. It give me a lot of HTML (can't cut paste it) that seems to indicate a javascript error.
+ 1 same

Yes Vic same here ... I had deleted iPhone app with the hopes of re-installing...but it is no longer in App store... so once gone it is not possible to retrieve. The App on iPad is now doing same.... tho I won't delete that one ...but will wait. I too can get on WTW via Safari on both. But not the same interface... clumsy. Alas I think they have abandomed the app updates for IOS. But will wait to see.

I scanned back thru these posts and didn’t see where anyone powered down their iPhone/iPad while troubleshooting the issue.

I don’t use the app but have had other apps that screwed up and good operation was restored by holding down the power button until the “slide to power off” widget was displayed. Slide to power off and wait a minute or three to allow the device to power down.

Or if your device has no power button, go to Settings/general/Shut down and tap that to power off.

After a few minutes turn the device back on and try the app again. May or may not help.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom